Michigan Game Recap

teachercd

Left Omaha Friday morning at 7:50 am and got to the house were staying at around 6:45.

Went out to eat at a local Irish bar, good time really good food.

Saturday.  Up at 5am and off to the High School (literally right next to the stadium) by 6:30am.  We slam a BuzzBall and start the morning off right.  8 of us are there but 4 of us do not have tickets at this point.

Tailgating, the set up they have is classic Big Ten.  Tons or room and for the most part really laid back.  One of our members leaves (Colorado) leaves to find his brothers spot and guess wait...gets 4 free tickets (80 dollars each) for himself and the 3 of us that did not buy ahead of time...this is my reminder to NEVER BUY TICKETS ahead of time...Oh and right before that a Husker fan gave one of the guys in our group a single free ticket.  So in 4 hours of tailgating we got 5 free tickets.

More props to @ColoradoHusk  he got us hooked up with a sweet tailgate that had so much amazing food...so we pigged out there.  Dude was the Mayor of AA on Saturday!

You can carry your beer right up the stadium, it is not like Lincoln where TO will taze you if you dare walk around with a beer.  

Michigan fans were nice and cool...game sucked...Husker suck.

We left at halftime (well four of us did) and hit up Fraser's Pub...the bar scene, from what we experienced, is really not a big deal.  

After that we went out to eat and went back to the house (That was free as well, one of the guys in our group has family that lives there)...

So all in all the drive was okay...the partying was fun...bars were sort of lame...tickets were free...accommodations were free...game sucked...I ended up spending like 100 dollars

Game thoughts:  I don't really know what to think.

Girls...honestly I was shocked at the low number of hotties.  

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

My unscientific survey during many visits to Michigan indicates there are a lot of brunettes, not so many blondes. If you’re not into brunettes that might have skewed your perception.

Very very true.

The hottest hottie we saw was at Fraser's Pub and she was one of the waitresses...dark hair.

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Very very true.

The hottest hottie we saw was at Fraser's Pub and she was one of the waitresses...dark hair.

The other factor I was going to mention was UM acceptance policy doesn’t give points for looks. You probably need to attend one of the directional Michigan school’s game for best babe viewing but they would most likely still be brunettes.

When I went to one of our first games at the big house I was looking over the sea of blue walking in and I would see another tall person and they were always dressed in red. It was funny reading fan comments after the game because a UM fan thought there were a large number of giants living in Nebraska.

We partied too hard on Friday and got a slow start to Saturday so only tailgated for about an hour. My buddy lives about 15 minute walk from bars and stadium, so was cool to commute around town without having to drive or uber. My buddy works at the children’s hospital and got the invite to a sweet tailgate on their golf course that was next to the stadium. It took longer for us to wait to cross the street than it did to walk from tailgate to stadium. 

Probably more of a hyper critical comment, but the only time Michigan fans randomly came up to me to chat or say anything was when I was alone and away from my group of friends - who were Michigan fans - and it was a passive comment like, “you’re in dangerous territory” or “corn is the color of maize, think about that.” Terrible game, fun time outside of the game because of my buddies I was with. The refs get dumber and dumber and over thought a lot of calls on both sides of the ball. They didn’t throw the flag on the face mask until they gathered and finished watching the replay screen showing the face mask before immediatley throwing the flag. It was awful

• Fire 1