Missed the game.

The Dude

2 hours ago, Enhance said:

They're screwed moving forward.

I'm not sure how more people don't see this. I mean, I think something like 70% see this but I expected it to be closer to 95%. In almost every single way I can think of, Nebraska has the advantage going into the future, and when we had Pelini who was good but not as good as Frost (imo) we beat them 75% of the time. They are the same program now they were back then. I see us trading wins with the likes of Wisconsin and some teams in the east for awhile. Maybe Iowa and Michigan State occasionally. Not sure how people who've watched the same season I have think Iowa's gonna beat us more than 20% of the time when this thing gets going. If they do, we are gonna be a 7 win team regularly and that's definitely not the future I see.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I'm not sure how more people don't see this. I mean, I think something like 70% see this but I expected it to be closer to 95%. In almost every single way I can think of, Nebraska has the advantage going into the future, and when we had Pelini who was good but not as good as Frost (imo) we beat them 75% of the time. They are the same program now they were back then. I see us trading wins with the likes of Wisconsin and some teams in the east for awhile. Maybe Iowa and Michigan State occasionally. Not sure how people who've watched the same season I have think Iowa's gonna beat us more than 20% of the time when this thing gets going. If they do, we are gonna be a 7 win team regularly and that's definitely not the future I see.

Yes, I said. Isn't it pretty to think so? - Hemingway. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Pedro G said:

Frost had one call where the Corn went on 4th down on their own 9-yard line. There would had been a good share of angry Husker fans if the Corn didn’t convert. With that said, it was extremely gutsy and thank goodness we got the first down. I don’t remember the Corn taking that kind of a risk that early in a game. 

We did it to provide a spark. It's a very risky call but with how efficiently they were moving the ball you almost had to get a score soon.

Here's why Iowa's fake was dumb, looking at their possible decisions.

Kicking the FG: Good call. Huge chance to convert, 3 score game.

Going for it on 4th down: Good call. A TD almost seals the game and failure leads to poor field position, mitigating risk.

Fake FG: The worst version of going for it.

Iowa was consistently gaining positive yardage on the ground as well as through their short passing game via slants and curls. Instead of any of that, take the ball out of the offense's hands.