Illegals, you know who they are

Anyone sick of pandering to Espanol?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i live in an area where i just grew up around it. doesnt really bother me at all. if i went to live in another country, i wouldnt learn the language before i went, id learn it as i lived there longer. wouldnt you? honestly?

Ok the people striving to learn it I am not against by any means however the illegals I meet have been here for years i mean more than 5 and cant put one sentence together. That my friend is pathetic. I would be eager and always asking how to say stuff if I moved to another country. I wouldnt want to be content with being in the dark.

i live in an area where i just grew up around it. doesnt really bother me at all. if i went to live in another country, i wouldnt learn the language before i went, id learn it as i lived there longer. wouldnt you? honestly?

Ok the people striving to learn it I am not against by any means however the illegals I meet have been here for years i mean more than 5 and cant put one sentence together. That my friend is pathetic. I would be eager and always asking how to say stuff if I moved to another country. I wouldnt want to be content with being in the dark.

I think some of them know a little english or are able to spit out a few words, but refuse to because they know that most americans don't know spanish. Then they can walk around doing what ever they want because they "didn't understand". It pisses me off. I think if you are caught here once, we should tatoo them right on the forehead. Next time your caught here illegally, well you don't want to know what I would do.

Exactly I mean they act like this is their country and they can just bitch about it when we say "the official language of the United States is English!" And they say punta meineda forcata pie 2 *&^ or something to that effect!!! :angry:

Actually, the U.S. has no official language...

Just so your informed its English! Has been since the beginning no its not a law yet but should be. What you speak with your friends at home is your business and freedom but when you come into a place of business or government and demand services it had better be in English otherwise you get no service, well at least not from me :steam

No No, there is no offical language. And keep the racism down. I think you all are totally playing off of the stereotype. Even MOST illegalls that live here are just trying to work their balls off to give their kids a chance they never had, and most are decent people...

AR has brought this up before and I'll just nut shell it down to make a good point.

: Why not make them all citizens so they can pay taxes etc... and even though they might not speak english now, their children will, we will Americanize them whether they know it or not.

I hate the stereotype trashy Mexican who demands free sh#t from our Government and comes here and think our constitution is a living document and open to their interpretation. Nothing makes me madder, but that is a small percent of immigrants.

I also agree with the sentiment that we should get them out or give them papers, we just need to do something.

No No, there is no offical language.  And keep the racism down.  I think you all are totally playing off of the stereotype.  Even MOST illegalls that live here are just trying to work their balls off to give their kids a chance they never had, and most are decent people...

AR has brought this up before and I'll just nut shell it down to make a good point. 

: Why not make them all citizens so they can pay taxes etc... and even though they might not speak english now,  their children will, we will Americanize them whether they know it or not.

I hate the stereotype trashy Mexican who demands free sh#t from our Government and comes here and think our constitution is a living document and open to their interpretation.  Nothing makes me madder, but that is a small percent of immigrants. 

I also agree with the sentiment that we should get them out or give them papers, we just need to do something.

All I am talking about it those that dont want to learn English and are only here to use the system and leave. I have spoken to them and that is their plan. Those are whom I am talkin about stay on topic or get out of my thread! :lol:

Those that want to work here and learn English are fine by me it is the ones that use the system and expect pandering due to their lack of motivation to learn our language.

People dont deserve citzenship because they break the law. I am not giving you my swimming pool if you jump my fence. That being said the intent was to complain (hence the BS forum) about pandering to those that think they are handicapped. When they arent!

No No, there is no offical language. And keep the racism down. I think you all are totally playing off of the stereotype. Even MOST illegalls that live here are just trying to work their balls off to give their kids a chance they never had, and most are decent people...

: Why not make them all citizens so they can pay taxes etc... and even though they might not speak english now, their children will, we will Americanize them whether they know it or not.

I hate the stereotype trashy Mexican who demands free sh#t from our Government and comes here and think our constitution is a living document and open to their interpretation. Nothing makes me madder, but that is a small percent of immigrants.

i agree with everything right here.

Jesus man,

I work in a restaurant and I tell you what each day I grow closer and closer to joining some group that deports illegals.

Most of our kitchen and prep people are illegals and as a manager that sucks cause I cannot tell them anything I have to show them what to do and they dont even do that right half the time. Most are good workers but they dont call in sick they just dont show cause they are either in Mexico or Dallas getting temporary fake paperwork or whatever they do to work here. Anyway I am tired of caudling people because they dont know our language. It increases training time and is aggrevating as hell. I dont even know what their problems are so they just quit because I dont know espanol and they dont know English. I am not for kicking them all out just making them learn English. Thats why I support them becoming legals the old fashioned way because you are forced to learn English as part of your citzenship.

cn: Learn English already you damn moochers

The bottom line is that they're here illegally, and they send most of their $$$ back to Mexico or whatever latin american country so their relatives can sneak up here. and they DEMAND driver's licenses, free health care, schooling etc. we don't even take care of all of our own people. something drastic has to be done.

It isn't quite that cut-and-dried. Take huskerdavo's example. Why is it he's hiring those individuals? Either there is no one else that will take those jobs, or there is no one else that will take them for the price the business is willing to pay for the labor. In either case, how would that business function without those workers?

The amount of money they send back to their native countries is practically nil when compared to the monies that they permit businesses to generate - which in turn generate tax revenues; revenues that far exceed the small amount of wages that are "exported". And, of course, it pales in comparison to the amounts that the U.S. sends to other countries as aid...

Further, most illegals can't actually get most of the benefits you mentioned. For example, most can't get Medicaid (free healthcare for the indigent) - there is now a "proof of citizenship" requirement to become Medicaid eligible. Prior to that, many states had their own specific requirements that denied Medicaid to those that could not prove citizenship.

Free schooling? Well, again, much of the taxes that support schools comes from people or businesses that are able to earn income based on the work of illegals. And if you want them to "learn English", what better way than to have their children attend school?

People keep talking about how there is an immigration problem, and that something needs to be done about it. But when you really think about it, there isn't one. The vast majority of those here illegally actually fly beneth the radar. They work, stay out of trouble, draw almost no benefits - yet their labor is what permits many business to remain in business.

It's true that there is an element in that population that violates the law, or manages to obtain benefits using illegal means - but the percentage is relatively small, and when compared to the boost to the economy they provide, the trade-off actually benefits the U.S. Did you see NYC's mayor talking about the effect cutting off illegal immigrants would have on his city? Well, that same effect would hit all major metropolitan areas as well.

Do we need to secure the boarders? Yes, we do - but for issues concerning possible terrorisim, and not immigration.

Do we want some kind of comprehensive, enforceable immigration policy? Again, yes - but there is hardly a "crisis" out there.

all i got to say is please learn english! i don't speak spanish, don't want to and shouldn't have to. i don't have a problem with the hispanic community, i just wish they would speak english and not use that as a way out or anything in that nature.

Easier said than done. For those that came here from another country illegally, from whom would they learn? They aren't going to school, and my guess is that most employers are satisfied to teach them only enough for the most basic of communication of the job duties. I'd further guess that a fair number of them are illiterate in their own language, which would make a "Spanish-to-English" book all but useless.

Television isn't an option - even assuming they own one or have time to watch. Ever try watching a Spanish-language program to try and learn Spanish? There are almost no "frames of reference" to which one can link the spoken word to the actual physical object.

There are a very few in the world that seem to pick up languages with ease - almost by osmosis. I'm certainly not one of them, and I can see how difficult it would be for someone who came here with absolutely zero English skills.

That's one thing about allowing their children to go to school - it is possible that the parents might pick up some English if their kids are speaking it. Even if they don't, the children are learning it and using it.

Whoa, I think I got the wrong thread, did I just step into a Young Republican meeting or something, seriously. You guys fail to realize all of your ancestors came here from OTHER COUNTRIES and I highly doubt they knew English when they landed. Most of these people are coming here seeking freedom from opression and for the prospect of better employment. I agree most do not assimilate as quickly as they should but give these people a break. Most do attempt to pick up English but become embarassed by you a-holes who say learn English. After reading all these posts I realize most of you write at a sixth grade level, I don't think you should be deported. And by the way, this isn't your country, it belonged to, Gee I don't know, those NATIVE AMERICANS who were here first. I truly believe everyone who wants to enter this country should be able to, no matter what the nationality. It sounds like most of you are suffering from xenophobia more than anything else.

All I am talking about it those that dont want to learn English and are only here to use the system and leave. I have spoken to them and that is their plan. Those are whom I am talkin about stay on topic or get out of my thread!

And does this make any sense?:yeah

This whole immigration debate has taken everyone's attention off of the real problem, those damn Canadiens!!!!!!!

And by the way HuskerDavo, why do you keep hiring non-English speaking employees? Maybe because your business or place of employment wouldn't survive because those immigrants are the only ones who will take those sh**ty wages and do those menial jobs.

Some of you better check the clock, I think you're running late to your Klan meeting. Denial isn't a river in Egypt.

cubhusker23 don't come on this thread and start insulting people and saying they are sixth graders!!! If you don't like the thread then don't post on it!!! rawhide is right everyone has their opinions I personally see the side of the hispanic population that you obviously don't. I feel I have more knowledge on the situation. Having been turned down for other jobs because I don't want to learn spanish really pisses me off!!! I shouldn't have to learn to speak spanish to be able to do a job in the United States. If I moved to Mexico or wherever I would attempt to learn the language as quickly as possible!!! :angry: