Husker Fan Thread

TexAgs Thread regarding NU Fans

There was a quote about how great NU fans are that is being discussed on my "home" message board. Thought you guys might like to read it.

I'm always looking for stuff on there about NU. I like to see what other people (on that board it's Aggies, Longwhorns, Red Retards, and the Land Theives, since it IS the RIVALRY board.) have to say about the 'skers.

When the NU-A&M game approches, I invite y'all to join up to throw some friendly smack :box

This guy makes a great point:

PlanoGuy

posted 2:25p, 07/29/06

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know what other school shows up 75,000 for a losing team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 2004, NU went 5-6 and had an average attendance of 77,692 (105% of capacity).

Here's what A&M has done the past 3 seasons

2005 = 5-6 = 79,732 (96% of capacity)

2004 = 7-5 = 74,498 (90% of capacity)

2003 = 4-8 = 76,243 (92% of capacity)

I also remember reading something about Nu's stadium capacity and state population base.

For example for Michigan to do the same thing in the "big house" they would have to fill a stadium the size of 400k or something like that.,

Most other fan sites are not too bad except for two that I know of (ksu/cu). Like most members open minds and differing opinions are the norm.

THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE NEBRASKA.

Clean air, hunting, fishing, boating, snowmobiling, Great people and a football team only known to a select few diehard fans. :rollin I really believe there are more fans spread throughout the country that are HUSKERS that almost any other team. Kinda like missionary work gotta get out and spread the word about HUSKER NATION.

GBR

Yeah when people here in Iowa ask why I love the Huskers so much since I'm not from there I tell them because of the tradition and excellence of the school!!! They act like we have so many teams here!!! And there is so much to do!!! We have ISU and Iowa big f'ing deal oh and UNI and they don't count!!! If so many young people are leaving Iowa then there is obviously something wrong!!! :wacko: