The return: Husker QB Weekly

3) Harrison Beck: I can’t place all of it on him or even most. He had a 100 people coming at him at once on the field and off. He was being fed crap from the media, his family, coaches, and players. I’m sure when he jumped in his car and skipped practice it was for only a few hours until his senses returned. He had no idea what was to be and then said.

4) Harrison’s mom: Not really, remember Harrison’s dad, while he was young was killed. I believe from suicide. She did everything possible, most likely too much to aid her son. How many of you watched your Dad die when you were 6? Of all the parents out there, wouldn’t you try to do everything in your power to give anything to your child after that kind of horrific event?

As a public educator I’ve seen it all and so many of the students I had, their problems, their social negative behaviors could always be traced heavily back to the youngest years. What they saw, what they heard and felt. Would Beck’s mom have acted so immaturely if she wasn’t trying to be so overprotective of her son, trying to give him everything after he had lost so much, so quickly, early on in his life? Wouldn’t you, if you were that parent?

The blame might be split 50/50 here, or slightly heavier toward Ms. B-B.

HB should've been more serious. He should have had a "team" attitude.

His Mom... When a spouse/parent dies, many times teaching accoutnability can go out the window - mostly as an over compensation. Especially when the father dies. I get that. It's not altogether right, but I get it.

In contrast, consider the character of Brooke Berringer. Similar situation. Some differences.

Maybe HB was sorry and realized he screwed up. I get that, too. But his Mom said stuff she really shouldn't have. an over-emotional reaction.

I wish that Beck had had a good enough relationship with someone on the staff that he could trust and go to and hash some of this stuff out before it got to the point of no return.

Maybe it just never would have been a good fit, especially if Beck couldn't handle sitting on the bench another season. All of the hype and lofty expectations hit the cold reality of his situation and he cracked.

It would suck and be tough to handle for anyone, let alone a teen-ager. The coaching staff let him down big-time. I hope they learn something from this and don't just dismiss it out of hand in an arrogant way, such as the lame comments such as "this is college football, it happens." blah, blah blah

Tough deal all the way around. I think it's a big loss for Big Red. He coulda been a contender.

How about this for a scenario:

1. Harrison Beck runs home after not becoming starting QB.

2. Harrison Beck's mommy calls Coach Callahan to ask him to speak to her son.

3. Zac Taylor switches to wide receiver.

4. Beck becomes starting QB.

Is this a possible scenario or does Harrison Beck have to be from Omaha in order for this work?

Is this a possible scenario or does Harrison Beck have to be from Omaha in order for this work?

1. Yep..cuz he wimped out

2. And Cali hangs up on her

3. It'll be a cold day in hell

4. When Beck decides to grow his own gonads

I think the head coach needs to be about 5'3" and passed out on his steering wheel for that scenario to work. :thumbs

You need to worry about if any of your players can pass

those conditioning test's your dumb ass coach has them

doing.

I bet we all would've welcomed him back with open arms. And made all the necessary counter arguments dismissing or excusing his previous behavior.

maybe, but everyone in big xii north and pundits coast-to-coast would have gone, "see?! billy c. is just like solich!!! he caved to a crybaby 'cause he wants to win more than anything... blah blah blah..!"

head's they win, tails we lose.

beck's gone. i've cried (my manly) eyes out.

time to get back to restoring some order around here.

In this case like most we can all speculate. What if one of the coaches was closer to Beck, what if nobody ever called momma, what if what if.

The truth is the kid wasn't happy. Something wasn't explained to him well and he didn't step up and ask what was going on or maybe it was explained correctly and he didn't like what he heard. Who really knows. As far as Becks momma goes she did what many mom's would do. Her first instinct is to protect her son. Also like most parents it can be tough to know when to let go, when to push, when to defend and when to condemn. Like all of us young Mr. Beck will file this away with anyother baggage he has in his suit case and he will either learn from it or not. Time will tell but we never know. This could be the best move for Husker Nation and for Mr. Beck in the long run. I for one hope we see some big scoring games so we can see what Ganz and Davis have to offer. I for one haven't seen either of them play and get a feel for the game and tempo.