Menelik Holt

yeah, they are fast running one direction... but Teddy Ginn Jr. fast? Reggie Bush fast? I wanna see a guy that can cut and juke at the receiving position. yes i understand they are a "different breed" of player and guys like that are usually highly recruited... but that is the type of playmaker i am talking about. maybe now you understand?

My guess would be, "No". Certainly, if one comes along, he won't be turned down. But my guess is that it won't kill the staff to miss on one like that. Under the West Coast offense, the idea is to hit the receivers in stride and let them run away from defenders rather than through them. What I mean is, the goal isn't to have a guy that can shred a defense - it's designed more to hit the close-to-intermediate route - hitting the reciever in stride - and let him get some YAC. Kind of a case of keeping the chains moving rather than going for the home run.

Like a run-dominated defense, the idea is to draw the defense close to the line of scrimmage with these kinds of passes (and a few well placed running plays), and then go over the top with a bomb. Raw speed - rather than "directional" speed, is, therefore, more important generally speaking.

I think Holt will be used a lot in the red zone. His size will be a huge advantage. He will definately out muscle the smaller corners. Put him on one side with Purify on the other, and the defense won't know what to do. Plus Herian over the middle. I don't think scoring in the red zone will be a problem anymore.

I think Holt will be used a lot in the red zone. His size will be a huge advantage. He will definately out muscle the smaller corners. Put him on one side with Purify on the other, and the defense won't know what to do. Plus Herian over the middle. I don't think scoring in the red zone will be a problem anymore.

Now I really like the sound of that with all those big bodies in the red zone. Can you say jump ball from a fade? I would like to see a lot of pretty passes from Taylor that are fades to the corner of the endzone this season...similar to that pass and catch TD that Taylor and Nunn hooked up on in the TT game last year.

This offense, once it is gelled together is going to be amazing to watch. Big bodies receivers, guys with speed, and the running backs. This offense will be amazing this year. Plus a great and tough qb in Taylor, who will do anything to win.

I must say your optimism is awesome! Not saying you are wrong or anything by that. If this season is an "all goes well" type then you're definitely right.

The good thing is, now we have the option to do either and it should be fun to see how BC likes to score.

We'll, if he's like most guys, I will assume he likes to score quite often :woo:woo

This is how Nebraska used to win championships, with a squad full of three star players out of high school that had his attitude and loved the program. Hopefully that attitude is contagious.

:madash:box

Nothing like a good Character Ethic...........

:restore:restore

Man our offense sure looks bright for the future, especially at WR & RB.

WR #years left

Swift 3

Nunn 2

Purify 2

Hardy 3

Holt 4

Henry 4

Brooks 3

Spain (if he goes back) 2

RB

Lucky 3

Glenn 3

Jackson 2

Wilson 2

Now we just need to make sure our backup QBs (Ganz, Hildebrand) get some action this year so they are ready for the years to come. Also, I'm sure our offensive line will keep getting better and better each year. Look out! GBR!

Now we just need to make sure our backup QBs (Ganz, Hildebrand) get some action this year so they are ready for the years to come. Also, I'm sure our offensive line will keep getting better and better each year. Look out! GBR!

:yeah I think if our backups come out and show a lot of promise the rest of the nation better watch out!!!! I think we would have a chance at a NC in a few years!!!! :clap

Man our offense sure looks bright for the future, especially at WR & RB.

WR #years left

Swift 3

Nunn 2

Purify 2

Hardy 3

Holt 4

Henry 4

Brooks 3

Spain (if he goes back) 2

RB

Lucky 3

Glenn 3

Jackson 2

Wilson 2

We obviously have a lot of young talent. Though I believe Hardy only has two years left. Maybe I am mistaken but I thought he was a JUCO when he arrived.