First Scrimmage

It will also help our secondary to have just the down lineman put pressure on the quarterback. That will leave seven people to defend the pass in some situations. If our linebackers can take away the underneath stuff, then our secondary should not have many problems.

Good point - and if the last couple of years are any indication, that's precisely the way Coz likes to structure his pass defense...

As crazy as this sounds I think Marlon needed this more then the coaching staff, the fans, or the media. You would have to think that Marlon was somewhat second guessing himself prior to this great run. What this brings to the Huskers boys and girls is a little confidence and swagger. Yes I know it was only one run and I don't know the circumstances but you have to be all warm and fuzzy knowing that the potential gamebreaking run is there! Great job OL and Marlon!

Marlon could be a big time back, I loved last year how he realized Ross was the starter and was willing to pay his dues by returning kicks and get a couple carries a game. Also when he voluntered to play WR at times last year was great  :thumbs

Lookout for him lining up in the slot similar to how Bush was used at USC too.

Thats what I'm talking about. Lets get the best 11 on the field. Marlon supposedly has some really good hands. Using him like Bush would be awesome and create some mismatches for the D. Ideally, if he could tote the rock 15-18 times a game, catch 3-5 balls, and possibly even be a dynamic return man, we would have a weapon defenses would have to respect. Get the playmakers on the field.

As crazy as this sounds I think Marlon needed this more then the coaching staff, the fans, or the media. You would have to think that Marlon was somewhat second guessing himself prior to this great run. What this brings to the Huskers boys and girls is a little confidence and swagger. Yes I know it was only one run and I don't know the circumstances but you have to be all warm and fuzzy knowing that the potential gamebreaking run is there! Great job OL and Marlon!

I agree. This could be just the thing Marlon needs to really step it up and separate himself from the rest. Seems like he's been lost in the tussle lately.

Nice job O-Line!!!!! :restore