First Scrimmage

from a blog on LJS

apparently ML had a 45 yard TD against the #1 defense and credits the O-line

"Just a quick report from Saturday's morning practice. Nebraska held a full scrimmage in Memorial Stadium.

"It was the first time we’ve scrimmaged in training camp since I’ve been here," said coach Callahan.

We couldn't watch, but Marlon Lucky reportedly broke a touchdown run of some 40 or 45 yards against the No. 1 defense toward the end of the scrimmage. Lucky said it came on a stretch play, and credited the O-line.

Brian Hildebrand and Ricky Thenarse were at the morning practice but not in action. They first have to pass a physical.

Today is the first two-a-day session this fall. We aren't allowed any interviews after the afternoon practice, so no update then."

later on in the blog Brian Rosenthal says that he asked Marlon which lineman made the key block to bust him loose and he said all of them

from a blog on LJS

"Just a quick report from Saturday's morning practice. Nebraska held a full scrimmage in Memorial Stadium.

"It was the first time we’ve scrimmaged in training camp since I’ve been here," said coach Callahan.

We couldn't watch, but Marlon Lucky reportedly broke a touchdown run of some 40 or 45 yards against the No. 1 defense toward the end of the scrimmage. Lucky said it came on a stretch play, and credited the O-line.

Brian Hildebrand and Ricky Thenarse were at the morning practice but not in action. They first have to pass a physical.

Today is the first two-a-day session this fall. We aren't allowed any interviews after the afternoon practice, so no update then."

later on in the blog Brian Rosenthal says that he asked Marlon which lineman made the key block to bust him loose and he said all of them

Great now our defense is suspect!

:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm

Marlon could be a big time back, I loved last year how he realized Ross was the starter and was willing to pay his dues by returning kicks and get a couple carries a game. Also when he voluntered to play WR at times last year was great :thumbs

Lookout for him lining up in the slot similar to how Bush was used at USC too.

from a blog on LJS

Great now our defense is suspect!

:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm

some people are only happy when the are worried about something

Great run Marlon!

Anyone have any idea how some of the other backs did in the scrimmage (Wilson, Glenn for example)?

It's good that we are finally starting to hear some news trickle down with some information of real value, ie, yards gained instead of just "he looks like a stud with his shoulder pads on."

there wasnt much talked about for the scrimmage this morning. i guess it was just the reporter asking some questions to players as they left. nothing official from the coaches.

that one will probably come tonight after this afternoons session of 2 a days

I love hearing this - a good indication that the line will be improved.

As for Lucky, there's never been any doubt he can bust one. My question with him will be, "Can he pick up the blitz"? As important as Ross was last year as a runner and reciever, he was absolutely invaluable in making the offense work by being able to know when to stay in to pick up the blitz, and which blitzer to pick up. We need one of these stud running backs to reach that level to keep the offense ticking. While I think that will be Glenn, frankly I don't care who it is - they can all run.