Think the Big XII is just Oklahoma & Texas?

Nebraska's rushing woes from last year will improve, even after the departure of a back that had the biggest heart on the field. The OL will be improved and each back now have some form of experience.

I would like to see Texas and Nebraska in the Big 12, but I think any husker fans would dream of.....

OKLAHOMA vs NEBRASKA Big XII Championship Game

Need I say more?

I disagree. Until someone else steps up to the plate and wins the big twelve will continue to be OU and UT. How many years has it been that someone wins the right to go get thumped by OU or UT for the big 12 title? It's their conference until someone else shows them otherwise.

Didn't K-State whoop up on OU just a few years ago. The South has won six of the 10 games but the blowouts have been just about even from both sides. I don't think the North is ready to roll over and hand the Big XII Championship to the South just because OU and Texas have won the last two games.

I don't think the North is ready to roll over and hand the Big XII Championship to the South just because OU and Texas have won the last two games.

:yeah The past two years, since OU and Texas were that good, that's what the Big XII title game turned out to be. Those teams, and the others in the South aren't the dominate teams that they have been, and that's why the Big XII as a whole is so wide open this season.

I disagree. Until someone else steps up to the plate and wins the big twelve will continue to be OU and UT. How many years has it been that someone wins the right to go get thumped by OU or UT for the big 12 title? It's their conference until someone else shows them otherwise.

I could not agree with you more. KSU in 2003 was the last year the North had anything. Its Texas and Oklahoma until someone says otherwise!! :cheers

Remember the good ol days of the Big 8, which was more often called OU, NU and the little 6. If you want respect you've got to go out and earn it by taking the win away from OU and UT. While I'm excited about the upcoming season I'm just not convinced we are ready to take OU and UT if we come in with our best game and they come in with there's. Not to take anything away from the Huskers. I'm just not sure that the coaching staff can "out coach" either team on Saturday's.

Just my opinion but the Husker D appears to perform very well when they play to the aggressive side of the game. When they are put into schemes less aggressive their headhunters (McKeon and the like) can be more easily neutralized.

Offensively I haven't seen where we've kept good defenses guessing. That may be entirely due to the lack of a solid running game but who knows. If the O-line performs well, the running game picks up and a true break out threat emerges in the recieving corp. it should be a very interesting year. All will be needed to win the big 12 title. It's getting very very difficult to wait for the season to begin.

The LSU game should tell us a great deal.