Andre Jones

dbetz23

It depends, I've strained my left one twice and right one once. Straining is just like pulliing. It says he has a sore hamstring which he should be able to recover from soon. Bowman pulled his in the Maine game last year but was starting by game 4 or 5 I believe. Dre will just get treatment everyday (ultrasounds, stems, with ice or heating) and he should be good to go for LaTech.

I dont want to scare you guys, but a hamstring can be a real pain. besides being a husker fan, I am a new york mets fan. If you followbaseball at all you know that they have one of the best yound SS in baseball buy the name of jose reyes. this kid is just silly fast. his first few years at newyork he could hardly paly because of hamstring issues. he's finnaly healthy now, but i'll be honest with you, I still am worried every time he hits a triple. hopefully this will not be anywhere as bad as his.

Don't fret.....He's (Jones) back in practice starting Sunday. We still have Brothers in the back field too if needed, who hasn't been able to show much on the field but is still going to be a great back.

Jones says he's cleared to practice

Nebraska cornerback Andre Jones, who missed most of this past week's practices with a hamstring injury, said Saturday he’s been cleared to return to practice Sunday.

“I’m ready to go,” the junior college transfer said as he signed autographs during Fan Day at Memorial Stadium. “I just had a little tweak in the (left) hamstring; it wasn’t a pull. I’ve had pulled hamstrings before, and I couldn’t even walk. This one was on the verge of pulling, so that’s why I stopped practicing.

“Then it could have dragged over into the first game. I didn’t want that to happen.”

The 6-foot, 195-pound Jones is projected as Nebraska’s starter opposite of junior Cortney Grixby, who started all 12 games in 2005. Jones said he wasn’t overly concerned about the lost practice time.

“I’m a hard worker, I’m dedicated, so I’ll make sure I get back on my feet,” he said.

Jones’ status was a concern the past few days because he is being counted on to replace senior Zackary Bowman, who suffered a season-ending knee injury Aug. 5. Beside Grixby, Nebraska has no other cornerback with starting experience.

It doesn’t help matters that Grixby is practicing with a hard cast on his right hand because of a thumb injury, and that true freshman Anthony West is sidelined with a sprained ankle.

“Actually, I’m kind of nervous,” said Jones, who starred last season at Fresno City (Calif.) Community College. “It’s not a scared nervous. It’s just because I’m new here, and I’m starting. It’s a great feeling. It’s a challenge. But with great talent comes great responsibility.

“I just try to keep my head clear and keep working. If I prepare myself correctly, I’ll come out on top.”

Jones said the hardest adjustment has been learning Nebraska’s cornerback techniques. He praised assistant coach Phil Elmassian.

“He’s like a mad scientist — he’s a genius,” Jones said.

UP NEXT: Sunday's practice at Memorial Stadium is open to University of Nebraska students. Gates will open at about 4 p.m.

I think I'm going to practice on Sun. @ 4pm to take a look and quench my Husker hunger temporarily!