HOW SWEEP IT IS!!!!!!!!

Oakland...OAKLAND is a small market!!!!! Do you have any idea how much houses cost in this area?

Yes, Oakland is considered small market....I don't think that cost of housing has anything to do with it.

Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Bernie Williams, Jorge Posada, Andy Petite!! Hear of these guys.

About 90% of the Twins team has come up through their farm system. Same with their championship teams of -87 and -91.

Deal with it and get on your owners asses and do something about losing.

Actually, the Twins have had a winning team for most of this decade. You're obviously very sensitive to this topic. Sorry, I just don't agree with you. You can't expect every MLB team to compete $ to $ with the Yankees.

Comparing college sports to the MLB is a bogus analogy. Its much more realistic to draw a parallel -- lets take the NFL.

Take anything....How do you make anything better quickly..$$$$$$

Ok, how about donkey shows. You can throw all the money at those you want, but at the end of the day its still a donk-show.

That made very little sense didnt it? now you know how it feels. :)

Sorry, I just don't agree with you. You can't expect every MLB team to compete $ to $ with the Yankees.

Just keep in mind Eric the Red is a dyed to the wool Yank, and sounds like he grew up in that area. Ive been reading this board for about a year now and he seems like a fun dude overall, so dont take his rantings personally b/c you are making some good points. The storm troopers were equally as brainwashed by Vader, so remember the weak ones have little or no control over their thoughts. :funnyhahah

Comparing college sports to the MLB is a bogus analogy. Its much more realistic to draw a parallel -- lets take the NFL.

Take anything....How do you make anything better quickly..$$$$$$

Ok, how about donkey shows. You can throw all the money at those you want, but at the end of the day its still a donk-show.

That made very little sense didnt it? now you know how it feels. :)

Ahhh, but what about donkey and strippers....Strippers cost money :lol:

I grew up 20 minutes from the Bronx and have been to dozens of Yankee games, most of them before thie huge playoff run. I sat through so many years of 5th and 6th place finishes.

Totally understand that you're a die-hard Yanks fan. I grew up in Minnesota and watched games with Carew, Killebrew, Oliva, Tovar, Puckett, and others. Loved Twins ball (especially in the old Met...outside on grass...where baseball should be played). I, like you, even stood behind them when they were cellar dwellers. Good luck to your Yanks. Hope the Twins and Yanks play in the post season. Of course, I'll be routing for the Twins. :cheers

I'm not pissed at any of you, it just gets annoying. I grew up 20 minutes from the Bronx and have been to dozens of Yankee games, most of them before thie huge playoff run. I sat through so many years of 5th and 6th place finishes.

Don Mattingly is still my favorite player. Screw it:restore

As much as I hate the Yankees, I have to acknowledge that Jeter is one of the best clutch players of all time. I love seeing him leave everything out on the field. He is a great player, and may be one of the best I will ever see. Still though, GO SOX!

In Arlington, it's too damn hot to win or lose. I liked A-rod when he was here, the situation was sour when he left. I'm actually glad he's in NY and might be one of a few that actually pull for him to play great.

I wish we (Rangers) kept Soriano - he was great in Arlington. I like the Twins, but the Yankees have always been my second favorite team (Rangers - we dont do playoffs). :cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Oakland...OAKLAND is a small market!!!!!  Do you have any idea how much houses cost in this area? 

Hey Eric, population wise, Oakland is not that large of a city. I just have trouble accepting that it is a small market when it is the 12th largest metro area in the states. According to Wickipedia, they have 4.1 million people.

Wicki Wicki Sticki

Yankees vs Dodgers - World Series 2006 :cheers