HOW SWEEP IT IS!!!!!!!!

I totally agree.  Win or lose, the playoffs and the world series are at their best with the Yankees in 'em.

True. Only because the Twins have the opportunity to send "the best team that money can buy" home from the playoffs. :lol:

Exactly my friend. Wouldnt you rather see the Twins - in your case, or say the Tigers or whoever, beat the Yankees in the playoffs? That's my point. Need the Yankees there. You gotta beat the best to be the best, and over the past 10 years, the Yankees have been pretty darn good. :)

Yankees crushed the Red Sox and that's that. They are on their way. Would love to see a Yankee / Dodger series.

I guess I must have missed this wonderful series. But I was very busy and most assuredly witnessed a couple of things just as exciting.

I opened a can of white paint and spilled it. I wiped it up and it took almost 3 hours for it to dry. I timed it from start to finish. While watching this wonderful act I washed out the paint brush. In wondermont I watched the jar fill up with water in just a little under two hours and 55 minutes, give or take a drip here and there.

What a wonderful weekend. I wish I had time to squezze in the Yankees and BoSox. But a man can only stand sooooooooooooo much excitement. Between the paint the water and slug on the patio, I was just tooo stressed out for that type of excitement.

I totally agree.  Win or lose, the playoffs and the world series are at their best with the Yankees in 'em.

True. Only because the Twins have the opportunity to send "the best team that money can buy" home from the playoffs. :lol:

I don't care what any of you say. Any team in the majors can dish out money...your damn owners have no balls. Your gonna tell me a team in California or Seattle can do the same. bullsh#t..

Usually it's a copout when you hear the Yankees win because of their payroll or spend the most. Steinbrenner is the best. He's even hilarious on Seinfield too! ;)

I get tired of hearing that Oakland is a small market. Do you know how many Championships they could have won, or, could have played in had they spent the money and kept - Giambi, Tejada, Mulder, Hudson, etc.?

Like I said "copout!"

And I will repeat what I also said earlier:

Need the Yankees there. You gotta beat the best to be the best, and over the past 10 years, the Yankees have been pretty darn good. smile.gif

Yankees crushed the Red Sox and that's that. They are on their way. Would love to see a Yankee / Dodger series.

I guess I must have missed this wonderful series.  But I was very busy and most assuredly witnessed a couple of things just as exciting.

I opened a can of white paint and spilled it.  I wiped it up and it took almost 3 hours for it to dry. I timed it from start to finish.  While watching this wonderful act I washed out the paint brush.  In wondermont I watched the jar fill up with water in just a little under two hours and 55 minutes, give or take a drip here and there.

What a wonderful weekend.  I wish I had time to squezze in the Yankees and BoSox.  But a man can only stand sooooooooooooo much excitement.  Between the paint the water and slug on the patio, I was just tooo stressed out for that type of excitement.

That's unfortunate. I was playing water volleyball over the weekend - 4 girls, 4 guys - and each time someone ran in to get some beers for the cooler someone would catch the score on the tele.

But hey, I guess a weekend of paint is good for some people too.

And their friend who gets excited about having such a weekend with paint (or at least it's his sentiments)

DOH! :o

I don't care what any of you say. Any team in the majors can dish out money...your damn owners have no balls. Your gonna tell me a team in California or Seattle can do the same. bullsh#t..

C'mon ETR...you can't be serious. You're telling me that the revenue market of New York or Boston is close to that of Oakland, Minnesota, Kansas City or Milwaukee. I'll give the Yanks (or should I say Steinbrenner) credit for loosening the purse strings to get some of the best talent in the league....but you can't expect all the other owners to follow suit.

I don't hate the Yankees....I just prefer the smaller market teams because they have to carefully develop their farm systems and find bargains in the free agent market. The owners have to be smart with their money. So, I like it when the smaller market teams get the best of the big market teams.

just prefer the smaller market teams because they have to carefully develop their farm systems

No to me the owners are just tightwads that refuse to spend. The farm system crap is a copout to fill their pockets.

Oakland...OAKLAND is a small market!!!!! Do you have any idea how much houses cost in this area?

Minnesota, Kansas City or Milwaukee

Why can't they spend money??? There's nothing else to do there. But watch sports. Maybe if the owners brought in some high profile guys, they'd put some people in the stands. These owners don't want to take marginal riskes with spending money. If they did and lost this risk, they wouldn't be out standing in bread lines.

develop their farm systems

Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Bernie Williams, Jorge Posada, Andy Petite!! Hear of these guys. They have been the nucleus of this team (aside from Petite) for a decade. All brought through the farm system. Other guys the Yankees have brought throught the system have been traded for more established guys.

Look, like the Cornhuskers, there's an aura. For the first time in his life, Gary Sheffield feels like he's actually playing for something. He's actually on a team.

The Yankees have it. and as long as Joe Torre and the "nucleus" are around it's not going to stop. Deal with it and get on your owners asses and do something about losing. It's called insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

What do college programs do to get recruits to their school????? They spend money and get the coolest, newest gagets...hmmmm Nebraska anyone?

Comparing college sports to the MLB is a bogus analogy. Its much more realistic to draw a parallel -- lets take the NFL.

Now why do you think there is so much more competition in the NFL, and teams from cities like GB, KC & Nashville can compete for the Big Bowl on an annual basis? You got it - it has 2 words and rhymes with Calorie Sap.

Its also one of the main reasons the NFL has become America's pasttime and baseball is losing FANATICS on a yearly basis by the MILLIONS.

And we all know that a sport needs fanatics to thrive. the casual fans on the fringe are worthless in the grand scheme. And if you can honestly continue watching baseball sink to the bottom of the 4 Major US sports, and still insist that the YANKEE PHILOSOPHY is not a major iceberg to the MLB Titanic - then you my friend are clearly a casual & complicit fan. good for you. :thumbs