Altitude Sports

GSG

I happened to catch the end of the Irv and Joe Show or something last night. They had some old guy on there talking about how all the hype behind Nebraska is all for naught. He said that this is the same team from last year. He was going on about a Colorado team that quit halfway through the year and the worst Michigan team in 20 years. Plus we barely beat the worst KSucks team since before Snyder.

What I don't understand is, if this was the worst Michigan team in 20 years, why are they getting so much hype when they return the same team?!?! Obviously our guys gained NO experience over the course of 2005 while overcoming some tough games.

I don't know.... just needed to vent.... I was up all night thinking about choking that guy with his microphone cord... :box

The guy was also rambling on about how we lost to Kansas for the first time in 40 years and how we didn't just lose, we got destroyed. The two hosts were laughing at him for being so concerned about the Nebraska fans. Needless to say, I was pissed so I ate a family size box of Velveeta Shells & Cheese and a box of fish sticks.

Sounds like Woody Page. He's biased as hell. We're not the same team as last year: We lost very little and gained experience with who is still around as well as adding some impact players like Mo, Dre,Kenny and Carl Nicks and we have some unknowns that I actually feel good about in our O-Line and TE's. Funny how two teams that were favored to beat us by 2 TD's last season ended up being one that quit and another that really wasn't that good afterall. Go back and read this guy's columns before the sCUm thrashing and you'll see that he saw no signs of them quitting then. WE KICKED THEIR A$$ and were going to do it again this year!

I happened to catch the end of the Irv and Joe Show or something last night. They had some old guy on there talking about how all the hype behind Nebraska is all for naught. He said that this is the same team from last year. He was going on about a Colorado team that quit halfway through the year and the worst Michigan team in 20 years. Plus we barely beat the worst KSucks team since before Snyder.

What I don't understand is, if this was the worst Michigan team in 20 years, why are they getting so much hype when they return the same team?!?! Obviously our guys gained NO experience over the course of 2005 while overcoming some tough games.

I don't know.... just needed to vent.... I was up all night thinking about choking that guy with his microphone cord... :box

wow sounds like some hotairheads with low ratings. i assume theyre based in CO? pretty patehtic when they realize to get more listeners they need to discuss a team from another state. where can I find these canal pals? i want to fight them.

I don't know.... just needed to vent.... I was up all night thinking about choking that guy with his microphone cord...  :box

wow sounds like some hotairheads with low ratings. i assume theyre based in CO? pretty patehtic when they realize to get more listeners they need to discuss a team from another state. where can I find these canal pals? i want to fight them.

Like your name. Yeah it is a CO-based station. I usually only watch for CFL, but I heard him say Nebraska so I stopped. I should have just kept going. I think I'm getting over it now. 11 MORE DAYS!! GBR!! :restore

I found him. Here's his bio:

Irv Brown: is a Denver native, North High School graduate & UNC grad. He has been a coach for 25 years including Arvada High School and CU. Irv also has been a basketball referee for 25 years, including 6 times for the NCAA Final Four. Irv has been entertaining "FANs" on the radio since 1977. Along with his partner Joe Williams he is one of the Deans of Denver Sports Talk!

Email Irv and Joe

Obviously he was VERY unbiased in his opinion.

Funny seeing something about Irv and Joe on a husker website. They have had a radio show here in denver for years. And I listen everyday on the drive home. Joe Williams is probably one of the biggest husker hates in colorado. But Joe hates every one. He even bashes on John Elway every chance he gets. The problem is they're old! They get locked into an opion and won't let it go. Everything Husker is bad and every thing sCUm is good, in their eyes. For years they talked about CU being CSU's daddy.but then explain away all of cu's loses to nebraska.

Maybe a thorough but whoop'n of the CU team this year, next and so forth will help set the record straight. Hawks is a great coach from what I understand but we should have them this year. Keep in mind that everyone feels our season rides on ZT so he's going to have a target on his chest every single game.