Husker fan in California

I know how it feels living on a coast, away from Lincoln. I, like M-247gunner, live in Penn State country. It drives me nuts. I walked into a sports store the other day and the guy asked me if he could help. I said, "Do you have any Huskers hats?" He just laughed and said, "No way, not much call for those. I can order you one, but it will take about 3 weeks." Needless to say they had plenty hats for PSU, Ohio St., Florida, Texas, Miami, Flordia St., USC, etc. That whole thing drives me nuts here in PA. Even after the Huskers 3 title wins in the 90's you could hardly find anything Nebraska. Not the case for Texas and USC. I just don't get it!!! Sorry, rant over.

:restore

To quote Bill Clinton," I feel your pain". thank god for eastbay and the other online sporting goods sites that carry Husker gear.

Been readin the board and finally decided enter as a new guy. Sick of hearing about USC and can't wait until we shut them down. This should finally get us some respect that has been missing for several years.....justified, I might add...

This will be the year we return to power!

Welcome all new members on this thread and please check out the conf room for milk and cookies!!

Couldnt agree more we shall restore the order this year :w00t

I give the Huskers about a 20 pct chance of beating the Trojans. Our coaching is so superior to yours it isn't even funny.

Obviously an SC fan in denial! I'm finding that SC fan is having a hard time dealing with the fact that they might not be as good as they think they are. I don't even think they are the 2nd best team in the pac 10 (Cal & Oregon). I'm convinced that JD Booty is second coming of Ron Pawlus, and the freshman running backs might be good, but not in game two.

Thankfully living in Iowa I have no problem finding plenty of husker gear!!!  :thumbs We used to have a store here in Des Moines called Husker Heaven I believe and he left Iowa to get closer to the Council Bluffs area. That was a sad day for me he had some awesome stuff!!!! :angry:

Plenty of Husker stuff in CO too.

BTW, people wearing Buffaloes gear (at least on my end of the state) was hard to come by until late November 2001 after a certain game. then suddenly CU hats/etc were a common sight. <_<

I have to say the same thing down here in Oklahoma. During the 90's, there was no OU stuff to buy that was not on clearance. No one was buying/wearing OU gear, until Stoops came to town. Winning does fix everything, even for Qbs looking for a way to make money through school. :rollin

I'm so tired of all the USC bandwagons out here. You wouldn't believe it, it's unreal. Everyone has a SC hat or T-shirt on now, bumper stickers, car flags, license plate frames, etc. You just didn't see that in the 80's and 90's. People in california tend to wear the colors of whatever team is doing well at the time and it's rediculous. You can imagine all the Laker gear I see. Everyone around here talks about how good USC is and how Nebraska doesn't have a chance. What these SC fans need to realize is that while they weren't watching college football (because USC stunk) Nebraska was dominating and deserves some respect! There have been some down years lately, but us Husker fans we always remain loyal. We don't discard our colors for whatever team happens to be doing well that year. What I'm trying to say is, I can't wait for the Huskers to come in to the coliseum and shut these loud mouth bandwagons up!

I know the very feeling. I live in Oklahoma and back in the 90's when they sucked, no one wanted to admit they were an OU fan. Since they won the National Championship in 2000 and have rebounded, every swinging "tick" in Oklahoma proclaims themselves "lifelong Sooner fans". Everywhere you look it's OU this or OU that in every ma and pa store around town. It's sickening sometimes.

Anyway, welcome to the online Husker Nation! :restore

I give the Huskers about a 20 pct chance of beating the Trojans. Our coaching is so superior to yours it isn't even funny.

You thoughts are welcomed, however to make a statement like that you must have reasoning behind it, right? I would love to hear it if you have the time.

Didnt you guys give up like 5,000 points to Fresno State, despite being loaded with 4 and 5 star athletes on defense? Good thing Bush was there to score 5,001 and one for you. Must have been your awesome coaching that built the strategy for that game. Ok, here we go guys, defense stand in place and spin in circles, :ahhhhhhhh offense, give the ball to Bush, watch :smokin . Tremendous scheming going on there.

Didnt you guys give up like 5,000 points to Fresno State, despite being loaded with 4 and 5 star athletes on defense? Good thing Bush was there to score 5,001 and one for you. Must have been your awesome coaching that built the strategy for that game. Ok, here we go guys, defense stand in place and spin in circles, :ahhhhhhhh offense, give the ball to Bush, watch :smokin . Tremendous scheming going on there.

:rollin

Didnt you guys give up like 5,000 points to Fresno State, despite being loaded with 4 and 5 star athletes on defense? Good thing Bush was there to score 5,001 and one for you. Must have been your awesome coaching that built the strategy for that game. Ok, here we go guys, defense stand in place and spin in circles,  offense, give the ball to Bush, watch  . Tremendous scheming going on there.

Couldn't have said it better myself!