The Unwritten Rules of Memorial Stadium

I think there is an unwritten rule that the band will always suck.

not that I want that just has been a fact since I have gone to husker games

I for one enjoy the tribute to swing dancing, the frank sinatra special version36.0, the ode to the blue hairs, the WWII victory march, and who could forget the trumpet trio to celebrate the coming of harvest.

I also cannot wait to be 65 and go to Husker games only for the PRide of all Nebraska

Blue hair old lady that was a Bugeater fan before she was a Husker fan + telling you to sit down = Old lady looking at your backside the rest of the game as she remembers the glory days of Dana X. Bible. These two formulas will add up to one hell of a time.

My Mom is 75 and will stand and cheer the whole game!  We hope to continue our "3 Generation Game" this year for the Texas game!

There is no better sight in my mind then to see somebody of that age screaming and yelling like a fat kid who just got his candy bar taken away. 75 and screaming, now that kicks ass!!! That's a great story.....

A little history lesson on the touching of the foot of the last player on the tackling statue just outside of the east stadium. I work litterally just a block away from the Cathedral. On my breaks, I go and walk around Memorial Stadium. Nearly every break for the past 3 years I have touched that foot. You can clearly (and I'm not kidding here) feel and realize the days that you do not touch that foot. Last season, I spotted a couple of people rubbing that foot just before entering the gates. Traditions start somewhere and sometime. I personally hope this one catches on so I can stake claim to it and be part of NETV's Husker Century Part 4 :)

Keep these rules coming......by God it's almost the start of the season!!! chuckleshuffle:restore

Great Post,

I would take my mom to at least a game a year when she was alive and boy she really got into the game, it was great to see her yelling and cheering. I know it was a real highlight for her to walk those steps and see the "Sea of Red" and hear the "Tunnelwalk" music come over the sound system. She was a diehard Husker fan, in fact we put the Husker logo on her grave stone. I am sure she would agree with all of the "Unwritten Rules"

Great Post,

I would take my mom to at least a game a year when she was alive and boy she really got into the game, it was great to see her yelling and cheering. I know it was a real highlight for her to walk those steps and see the "Sea of Red" and hear the "Tunnelwalk" music come over the sound system. She was a diehard Husker fan, in fact we put the Husker logo on her grave stone. I am sure she would agree with all of the "Unwritten Rules"

That is awesome to hear. Stories like these are another reason why NEBRASKA is number 1. :restore

Hey fellas

I thought I'd had one more

9. Be prompt. We have the most exciting entrance in all of college football. There is absoutely no need for you to miss it. If you have trouble with kickoff and figuring out exactly what time the game starts here's a tip. Lets say that kickoff is slated for 2:30. Well that means Pinnacle Sports starts its pregame show 18 hours before that. Do the math, try to be in the stadium a half hour before and you'll witness something special; cool graphics, the sweet sounds of the Allan Parsons Project and thousands and thousands of goosebumps.

Never fails :restore