Sam Keller Heisman Talk This Year

I think it might take more than Taylor beating our school records for him to become a media darling in the national scene. A good record will definetly help but breaking Nebraska passing records are not exactly top notch.

Yeah, I figured some a solid win or two or even one win and close loss (read: USC/UT) will merit serious attention.

If we're undefeated or 11-1 by the CCG, and Taylor's averaging near 280-300 yds per game, (last year 2653 yds in 12 games), he'll have a seat in NYC 2nd Saturday in December.

If he stays healthy and meets his potential, the media will eat him up. Great story. Great character. Great kid. The public loves an underdog/no-name like Taylor comingon tothe national scene.

And by no-name, I mean this: ask the average CFB fan at a sports bar today where Zac Taylor plays, and they'll go, "Who?"

Or we lost a crybaby and picked another one up. That is what alot of the national media has said.

Or a guy who got ROYALLY SCREWED by a coach who'd rather have the players run the program than actually make decisions for himself.

Most ASU fans will tell you that there coach must go, and after seeing how this situation was handled, I can't say I disagree.

You gotta look at it from Kellers position

a) It's your true senior year.

B) You threw for ~300 yards and 3 TD's in seven games last year,

c) Your draft stock is about as high as it is going to get pre-senior year.

Then the coach comes in a basically flushes all that down the toilet for a year. Why would you stay? There's nothing left for you there. If he wanted in the NFL, he had to move.

I also heard he loves to party. What 22 year old guy doesn't.

No doubt. Especially at a place like ASU.

OOOH HE GOTS PICTURES WIF WIMMIN ON TEH INTERNET. OH NOES! Gimme a break.

Anyone who's been in college knows that's par for the course in general. Especially at ASU.

Now, if he starts seriously breaking the law and getting caught, that's a different thing.