Huskers vs Creighton

Mavric

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I was wondering if they kind of had their feelings hurt because they weren't part of the big event even though they are a div 1 team in the state.

I'm sure they would like to have been a part.

Since we already had Creighton on the schedule, I assume the story was we going to schedule someone else.

My own personal suspicion is we wanted someone who we knew we could beat even if the elements didn't cooperate as well.  I can't argue that I wouldn't want the Nebraska/Creighton game coming down to which way the wind was blowing.

• TBH 1
50 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Since we already had Creighton on the schedule, I assume the story was we going to schedule someone else.

My own personal suspicion is we wanted someone who we knew we could beat even if the elements didn't cooperate as well.  I can't argue that I wouldn't want the Nebraska/Creighton game coming down to which way the wind was blowing.

The story from Cook is they decided to limit it to state schools  - but I have no doubt they also wanted to make sure it would be a win.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

And, UNO is part of the Nebraska system.  So is UNK and Wayne State is a state school.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1