NHL 2023-24

JJ Husker

• 4 weeks later...

33 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

How about that one @GSG ? :P

Pens totally dominating the first 30 minutes, Sid with 4 points, up 4-0 and Avs come back and win it 5-4 in OT. I came this close to turning it off.

We're tanking for the draft obviously lol

• Haha 2
  • 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Absolutely brutal to put up 6 goals against the best goalie in the NHL and lose. Georgie is an absolute mess right now. 

Yeah definitely should’ve stopped a couple of those but the D breakdowns and that ridiculous perfect centering pass, to the wrong team, from Manson didn’t help. Georgie has to find a way to bail them out at least once in a while.

I actually thought the Avs looked pretty decent, at least better than I was expecting. The refs didn’t do us any favors. That questionable goal by the Jets had to be the quickest review in NHL history and that uncalled for whistle on our disallowed goal :facepalm: Puck was still loose on a delayed penalty. I think Avs take game 2.

13 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah definitely should’ve stopped a couple of those but the D breakdowns and that ridiculous perfect centering pass, to the wrong team, from Manson didn’t help. Georgie has to find a way to bail them out at least once in a while.

I actually thought the Avs looked pretty decent, at least better than I was expecting. The refs didn’t do us any favors. That questionable goal by the Jets had to be the quickest review in NHL history and that uncalled for whistle on our disallowed goal :facepalm: Puck was still loose on a delayed penalty. I think Avs take game 2.

I sure hope so. It's funny, because I remarked to our group that Manson was on fire to start the game, and how great that was to see. Fast forward just a bit and his mistakes led to two Jets goals. Oof. 

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Nice bounce back for the Avs last night, and it was great to see Georgie have a good game. Taking one of two on the road is what I was hoping for, now they've got to dominate on home ice the next two. 

ESPN Correction- Gorgiev :bang

Why can’t supposedly professional sports announcers take 10 minutes and learn the correct pronunciations…..and maybe a little bit about the game itself.  ESPN sucks so bad at doing hockey games. I won’t even go into the officiating of the first 2 games :blink:

It was nice to see him turn it around from game 1. Now we have home ice advantage. Should get Girard back for game 3.  Think Avs win the series 4-2.

• Plus1 1