Thunderin' Bolts vs Northwestern

Hopefully this is the last cold weather series. Tomorrow's game is going to be a game much like last Saturday's according to Chicago's weather forecast. Need to win today. One game at a time, One day at at time, One Play at a time. 

Keep on winning Huskers!! GBR!!!

Purdue @ Ohio State: Game 2, Starts out with an out (1 away), a walk, a stolen base, wild pitch advance to 3rd, an out (2 away), a walk (runners on the corners 2 outs), Purdue then try's to steal home by sending the runner from 1st and is thrown out 2b to catcher. (Out of the inning). Almost everyone in today's game is angry about that but me, as a traditionalist of the game, I love it. How do you feel?

Now, whats even more interesting.. OSU batting, first batter, thrown out at first (1 away), hit batter (runner on 1st), strike out (2 away), single (2 away, runners on the corners) what do you do? Same scenario as purdue with the 5 hole hitter at the plate? OSU trusted the hitter to find a hole and he doubles driving in 2 runs. 

My questions;

1. Purdue on the road, was the double steal a reasonable play early game?

2. If you were managing, would you be more likely to try the double steal or trust the 5 hole hitter? (Batter has a .315 average on the year)