Vast improvements

Aim9

One thing that no one seems to be talking about from the LA Tech game is our punter Dan Titchner. That guy was awesome and it doesn't look like we'll have a huge drop from Sam Koch afterall. I watched the Spring Game and afterwards that was an issue that immediately concerned me, but Titchner put my fears to rest.

Also, I have heard little talk of Joe Ganz who also had an excellent game. He didn't throw very often but each time he did it was right on the money with a tight spiral. He looked much better today than ever, and his performance inspired much more confidence than Harrison Beck ever did.

The offensive line did much better than last year, but I was expecting this because they had shown vast improvements over the offseason. At long last- a game in which Zac Taylor was NOT sacked!

My four main concerns coming into the season were:

1. The secondary- (Still definitely a concern)

2. Our backup QB- (I feel much better about this)

3. Our offensive line- (I feel much better about this)

4. Our punter- (I feel much better about this)

good observations.....there was much to cover and focus on from the first game.......it was easy to overlook these positive contributions.....but as usual we need to continue to improve in all areas, the defensive secondary has GOT to be the main focus as we move forward, but we can only do so much with the players we have left to work with......lack of experience is just something that is hard to compensate for.....coaches will do their best......it will be our weak spot and all the opposition is aware of it........we knew it at the beginning of fall camp too

hunter

One thing that no one seems to be talking about from the LA Tech game is our punter Dan Titchner. That guy was awesome and it doesn't look like we'll have a huge drop from Sam Koch afterall. I watched the Spring Game and afterwards that was an issue that immediately concerned me, but Titchner put my fears to rest.

Also, I have heard little talk of Joe Ganz who also had an excellent game. He didn't throw very often but each time he did it was right on the money with a tight spiral. He looked much better today than ever, and his performance inspired much more confidence than Harrison Beck ever did.

The offensive line did much better than last year, but I was expecting this because they had shown vast improvements over the offseason. At long last- a game in which Zac Taylor was NOT sacked!

My four main concerns coming into the season were:

1. The secondary- (Still definitely a concern)

2. Our backup QB- (I feel much better about this)

3. Our offensive line- (I feel much better about this)

4. Our punter- (I feel much better about this)

The secondary will be a huge concern all year. As of now our best corner is average at best for the Big 12. Grixby works very hard, but how's he gonna match upp against Todd Blythe from Iowa St, oor any of those Texas WR's. Many times though he is step for step with the wideout but his size limits him

I was really surprised about the job that Titchner did. He first punt went 47 yards and the next one had a chance at being down inside the five. Our line did a much better job than last year, but they still have aways to go. OUr secondary is going to be in trouble this year. Cast or no cast, Grixby is going to get picked on a ton this year. He better practice his tackling so that we can run a bend but don't break defense. Jones seemed to be about two steps behind the action. Hopefully he can pick up the game speed much faster than Bowman did last year. I am still thinking that we should move Green back to corner.

Let's see what happens next saturday.

Adjustments will be made and I expect improvement in all facits of the game.

I still believe the coaches are sandbagging and not bumping up the volume until the time is right.

Yeah, Cortney is a concern at this point as well as all the D Backs. yet I think when the goin gets rough, they will respond.

Let's see what happens next saturday.

Adjustments will be made and I expect improvement in all facits of the game.

I still believe the coaches are sandbagging and not bumping up the volume until the time is right.

Yeah, Cortney is a concern at this point as well as all the D Backs. yet I think when the goin gets rough, they will respond.

i hope you are right but it looked like same ole grix sorry i am just a hater