Rose Must GO

azhusker

I'm starting a petition for a new broadcaster.

I think maybe the trailer voice guy for the movies would be good. or maybe Larry the Cable Guy!

Signed:

Rich McWilliams

I can see it now.......

Zac Taylor drops back throws into the endzone for Nate Swift.....TOUCHDOWN GIT-R-DONE!!!!!!!!

That wouldn't be that bad! :lol:

Makes me long for the days of a beautiful October Saturday with my transistor radio listening to Lyle say: "Good afternoon football fans"...the smell of burning leaves in a trash barrel, all the neighborhood kids from small-town Nebraska getting together for a pick-up game of tackle football. No wimpy touch football for us.

any audio of this, younger fan would love to hear it

i have heard the johnny rodgers run over and over so i know the voice just wondering if there was any audio out there

Rose isn't that bad during the games, even though I don't like how he gets overly excited about a 3 yard run. Only problem I have with him is on the Callahan show. He has some of the stupidest statements, followed by even dumber questions. I enjoy watching the Callahan show cause it involves the football team, Big Red Extra on NETV is also a great alternative and you get to list to Adrian whose vioce I never get tired off

Gary was terrific.

Kent was terrible...

"It's first and 10 from the 20 yard line...QB takes the snap...(excited) the blackshirts have him for a Big loss at the 25!!!!...Second and 3 from the 27..."

He absolutely NEVER knew where the ball was, or the line of scrimmage. And he tried waaaaaaay too hard to come up with something clever, and all he could come up with was "Touchdown, touchdown touchdown!". Hated the Tommie Frashuh thing. It's FrazieR!

However, having worked with JR about 10 years ago at KLIN, I think he's an arrogant little man who thinks he's better than he actually is. He tries too hard to impress with his vocabulary. He does follow the ball pretty well. And Fiala isn't so good, either. They both kiss NU's butt waaaaaay too much.

I loved Lyle. NU could do better than Rosie.

And I quote: "I pick the guy from Norman, OK as the player of the game. Zac Taylor....he drinks coffee with a spoon in it, that's how regular of a guy he is..."

What a freakin' idiot. Does he think these cheezy and hard to translate metaphores and hyperbole make his sound smart and his broadcast more entertaining? It is beyond annoying.

How do we get a pertition or something going to replace that dolt?

Cheezus Kreist!

Gary was terrific.

Kent was terrible...

Couldn't agree with you more. The only reason people like him is because he was around for the run in the 90's and hearing him gives them that warm and fuzzy feeling. He stunk and is highly overrated. He was a joker and bolted because he wanted more cash. Kugler isn't very good at doing the CWS games or the High School games on TV but he pretty good on Unsportman like conduct. MikeL is another story. He SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, having worked with JR about 10 years ago at KLIN, I think he's an arrogant little man who thinks he's better than he actually is.

I couldn't agree more. It's like since he is the "Voice of Husker Football" he is God or something. The only reason he is the guy is because Steve P likes him for some reason. Waitt Radio(ESPN) offered more that the Pinnacle Network for the new contract but for some reason the Huskers didn't go with it. I can't wait for the Nebraska Texas game because Kuglar is doing it for ESPN, and he will do way better than Rose.