Kenny Wilson

I think Lucky will be at the top of his game in LA. This is his home town. And he will be playing in front of his family. Wilson will get in the game and do a great job, but Lucky will have an outstanding day.

I agree. I also think that Mo Purify is going to have a coming out party and introduce himself to the rest of the country. Should be an eye opening game.

Its just one game, BUT if Kenny Wilson fumbles a few more times, I think he will be riding the bench. NU had 3 fumbles in the game and Wilson had 2 of them. When the stakes are high, why gamble with someone who can turn it over when you have 3 backs that don't?

I think Kenny Wilson will be fine. This was just his first game. He was in front of probably the biggest crowd he has ever played in front of. And he was so new he only had 20 something total practices as a husker. And to top it off he probably only knows a small part of the playbook.

By the time we play Texas Wilson will be a great running back.

Its just one game, BUT if Kenny Wilson fumbles a few more times, I think he will be riding the bench.  NU had 3 fumbles in the game and Wilson had 2 of them.  When the stakes are high, why gamble with someone who can turn it over when you have 3 backs that don't?

I think Kenny Wilson will be fine. This was just his first game. He was in front of probably the biggest crowd he has ever played in front of. And he was so new he only had 20 something total practices as a husker. And to top it off he probably only knows a small part of the playbook.

I would buy that if we were talking about running the wrong play or missing a block or missing the right hole to run through. Covering the football is something that is taught at the earliest of ages. It has nothing to do with knowing the play book or being nervous about the amount of people. Protecting the football should be goal number one. With the talent that we have at running back, fumbling the football should be a great reason to see yourself to the bench. Now don't get me wrong, I think that Wilson deserves a second chance, but if he fumbles once or twice on Saturday, I would have a tough time justifying puting him in against USC if all backs are equal and the other three have not fumbled at all.

Its just one game, BUT if Kenny Wilson fumbles a few more times, I think he will be riding the bench.  NU had 3 fumbles in the game and Wilson had 2 of them.  When the stakes are high, why gamble with someone who can turn it over when you have 3 backs that don't?

I would buy that if we were talking about running the wrong play or missing a block or missing the right hole to run through. Covering the football is something that is taught at the earliest of ages. It has nothing to do with knowing the play book or being nervous about the amount of people. Protecting the football should be goal number one. With the talent that we have at running back, fumbling the football should be a great reason to see yourself to the bench. Now don't get me wrong, I think that Wilson deserves a second chance, but if he fumbles once or twice on Saturday, I would have a tough time justifying puting him in against USC if all backs are equal and the other three have not fumbled at all.

Oh yeah, if Wilson fumbles again this week he probably won't see much action against Southern Cal. But at this point I have to go with first game jitters. I'm sure he wanted to go out and do his best. Then to have a TD called back and have the problem fumbling had to get in his head a bit. It will be interesting to see how he responds.

• 2 weeks later...

He seems to be running too hesitant at times. Kind of like Marlon and Cody were last year.

You really think Cody ran hesitant last year? He was a true freshman, doing the short yardage for a major D-1...he got a first down or TD every time needed except once (on a blown play).

I think all the backs look good so far...

Did it seem to anyone else or just me that Wilson ran a little slower today than usual? Is he banged up from USC or what I just thinking he wasnt moving too fast?

He seems to be running too hesitant at times. Kind of like Marlon and Cody were last year.

You really think Cody ran hesitant last year? He was a true freshman, doing the short yardage for a major D-1...he got a first down or TD every time needed except once (on a blown play).

I think all the backs look good so far...

Did it seem to anyone else or just me that Wilson ran a little slower today than usual? Is he banged up from USC or what I just thinking he wasnt moving too fast?

No he is a more patient runner who waits for the blocking assignments to take place. Compaired to Lucky if you notice, Lucky hits the hole and relies on his speed to get to the next level.