Ohio State/Texas predictions

bornNUred

I was actually impressed with Texas' quarterback. A true freshman, playing the Number 1 team in the nation - I thought he did well, all things considered. And he's only going to get better. I don't think this game affected his confidence - he could be really hitting stride by the time we play the Horns.

But that secondary - man, once Zac sees the tapes, he's gonna be licking his chops...

I really didn't see where he was all that impressive. The game plan for him was high percentage passes . If you noticed he panicked when he had to throw it down the field. Guess I am just a homer.

Their Qb is a redshirt freshman...

I was honestly surprised by the defenses. I figured that with their losses, OSU would have trouble stopping Texas, and I figured Texas would have more defensive sucsess.

If Vince young was there they would have done more to their D-Fense..

Texas is way overated in my book.. I mean look last year and the year before look at the games Texas won because of V.Y. You take him away and they would have lost a few and the Biggest game they won last year..

Willis

I think that fumble near the goal line in the first half by UT really hurt. UT was going in for the score, but OSU returned the fumble about 40 or 50 yards and then they scored. That was a big momentum changer. I think Texas will still be a darn good team this year and tough to beat in October.

mc coy will be good, no doubt, but i just couldn't see Texass beating Troy Smith and the experience on the OSU team......the difference in the exeperience of the qbs was huge IMHO.......don't see how the sports analysts could have overlooked that....damn kid (Mc Coy) is a true freshman and had no experience against a seasoned team like OSU...no way he was gonna lead the Texass shorthorns.....it was painfully obvious there was no "leader" on that team last night....but they will get better, don't know if we can beat them, depends on how they mature from here

hunter

Mack Brown is trying to make excuses for UT's loss:

ESPN Article

Add Texas coach Mack Brown to the list of critics of the NCAA's new football clock rules.

Brown said Monday during the weekly Big 12 teleconference that the new rules, which were designed to limit the time of games, hurt the No. 8 Longhorns in Saturday's loss to No. 1 Ohio State.

"They scored with six minutes left and the game was over before we had a chance to do anything," Brown said. "I really hope whoever made these changes will go back and look them over."

Under the rule changes, the clock starts on a kickoff when the ball is kicked, not when the receiving team touches it; and on a first down, when the ball is marked ready for play, not when it is snapped.

Brown said while games are being shortened, the fans are being shortchanged.

"One of the great things about college football is a team's ability to come back," Brown said. "Now that's limited. Our game was 22 minutes shorter. That's a little under 10 percent of our game. That's not fair to our fans. We worry about them sitting there?"

Brown said, at worst, the old rules should be in place for the last two or five minutes of each game.

Of the new rules, Brown said: "I hate it."