Beating USC not necessity

HSKRNOKC

Not really. Their schedule is weak this year, and they would rebound with Troy, then ISU and their horrible D, and then KSUcks. This team, with their talent and schedule won't return to those days.

As I said, look at the big picture. What is the staff going to tell recruits?? "Sorry that USC beat us by 35, but we're getting closer."

Recruits seeing NU take USC into the 4th qtr would be alot more impressive and give NU national respect and exposure, as opposed to watching them get beat like they did in the 2002 Rose Bowl.

Not really. Their schedule is weak this year, and they would rebound with Troy, then ISU and their horrible D, and then KSUcks. This team, with their talent and schedule won't return to those days.

As I said, look at the big picture. What is the staff going to tell recruits?? "Sorry that USC beat us by 35, but we're getting closer."

Recruits seeing NU take USC into the 4th qtr would be alot more impressive and give NU national respect and exposure, as opposed to watching them get beat like they did in the 2002 Rose Bowl.

I'll tell you what Former...erm...aweshucks...when NU wins go slip an elastic "trojan" over your head and go march in front of Memorial Stadium humming the USC fight song during the Troy Trojans game the following week. :rollin:dumdum:rollin

I think the bigger question is why would a recruit ask a question that begged that kind of answer? They sure didn't have a problem getting kids to come here after we got whalloped at Texas Tech.

Most kids I have read about hardly ever talk about that kind of thing really weighing in on their decision and rightly so. It'd be dumb to.

Yea, it would.

The necessity is for NU to make a good showing, and not get blown out. If NU keeps it close, it will be good, if not, it could destroy the program.

I would expect this type of comment from you. So what, if Nebraska loses on Saturday then we might as well all switch over to be USC fans because the program is now "destroyed?" That is crazy talk if you ask me. :hmmm

When did I ever say that :asshat :wacko:

If NU shows that it can compete with the big boys on a national stage, it will put NU back into the elite football programs.

If they go to USC and have a poor showing, it will likely set them back when it comes to national image and recruiting.

What is so hard to understand about that :dumdum

Wow that was mature. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that you said "it could destroy the program" right there, in your quote... I see where you are coming from, but I honestly don't think we are going to go back to the "dark ages" with the talent Cally now has in place. JMO. And how would losing to USC set us back in recruiting? You think after the 2004 season when we went 5-6 and had a top 5 class that those recruits thought we could have won a head to head match up with USC that year? Come on. I agree it would help to win, but "destroy the program" if we lose? Give me a break.

I said I would expect that kind of comment from you because from what I've seen of your posts, you are usually fairly negative. :dunno