Beating USC not necessity

HSKRNOKC

Think of what beating USC would do for the recruiting stand point though... I don't think or expect Nebraska to win the NC this year but I do want a Big XII title

:yeah Exactly. It would boost recruiting tremendously. Last year coaches tried to pitch the "Wouldn't you like to play AGAINST USC?" Then some of those players took it one step further and decided to play FOR USC. A win over USC would be beneficial on many levels!

I think we'll need the `Ghost of Huskers Past` to descend upon The Colluseium and give strength to our linemen and guide our secondary and create holes in their line and give us safe passage en-route to Booty face-plants... and maybe bat down a few of Booty's passes to win the game. May the Bobfather grant us this wish.

... and from above, a sign appeared...

:wtf Who wrote this!! Are you serious??? Every game is very neccessary!!! A true husker goes into the game with a winning attitude regardless who we are playing!! Just the same as our players!!! Me personally, I know a few of these players and this is the game of their life up to this point!! Man I could go on and on!!! What we are gonna do is go in there expecting to win.. If we Happen to take a "L" then we will take it on the chin!!! :restore

I think some people are missing the point.

Sure, we want to win. Everyone wants to win. The team will be fired up and will come out swinging that's for sure.

The point is that within the scope of winning the North, it has less of an impact than a Big 12 opponent.

That's all.

Actually, I may be wrong in my first post. If two teams in the North (or South) have identical conference records, don't they rank the teams then based on their overall Win-Loss record?

Well the head-to-head matchup would come before overall record and there is a few other things they look at before overall comes into play as well.

I think some people are missing the point.

Sure, we want to win. Everyone wants to win. The team will be fired up and will come out swinging that's for sure.

The point is that within the scope of winning the North, it has less of an impact than a Big 12 opponent.

That's all.

BINGO!!! Exactly my point .

The necessity is for NU to make a good showing, and not get blown out. If NU keeps it close, it will be good, if not, it could destroy the program.

I would expect this type of comment from you. So what, if Nebraska loses on Saturday then we might as well all switch over to be USC fans because the program is now "destroyed?" That is crazy talk if you ask me. :hmmm

The necessity is for NU to make a good showing, and not get blown out. If NU keeps it close, it will be good, if not, it could destroy the program.

I would expect this type of comment from you. So what, if Nebraska loses on Saturday then we might as well all switch over to be USC fans because the program is now "destroyed?" That is crazy talk if you ask me. :hmmm

When did I ever say that :asshat :wacko:

If NU shows that it can compete with the big boys on a national stage, it will put NU back into the elite football programs.

If they go to USC and have a poor showing, it will likely set them back when it comes to national image and recruiting.

What is so hard to understand about that :dumdum