Beating USC not necessity

HSKRNOKC

Ok first off beating USC would throw us right in the thick of the Natl title hunt early on. But lets think about this for a moment.

Texas loses to OSU. Yes I know that OSU is scary good, but Texas is beatable especially at our house. The north is weak with the exception of maybe Missouri. OU has Oregon this Sat, so we will see what they are truly made of.

We can lose to usc and still possibly win our conference. Maybe win a BCS bowl, or at least attend one.

So beating them would be great. Playing them tough would also be great. Losing to them is not the end of the world though .

Im not throwing in the towel for this Sat. at all. If anyone has read my posts , I think we have a shot at winning. Im just throwing a scenario out there.

Look, let's be honest, with the way ND, West Virginia, and OSU playing, Nebraska is more than likely NOT going to be contending for the MNC THIS YEAR. Next year or the following is a possibility.

If you can take the Big XII Title, then you'll be playing in BCS Bowl, and that's what you should set your sights on, with a Cotton Bowl Appearance as the "worst" bowl to play in.

If we win, good things will happen. If we don't - well, it'll be a test of our midseason mettle. Remember last year, after we lost a heartbreaker to TTech? After beating Baylor on the road (by 9), we then went on to lose 3 straight, including a rout by KANSAS.

Losing can kill our momentum and make it a long season if we don't react properly. Recent history (2002, Penn State; 2004, Southern Miss) suggests that we should be worried about maintaining momentum.

although i think we are overmatched (who the hell is gonna cover their 6'5" wideout? grixby?) we gotta play these teams/games and make a showing...as i said before, yes we need to win this game, but if we keep it within 14 i will not be happy, but consider it a game well played for WHERE we are in our program. remember USC has been on top of the mountain for awhile now, we are just starting to climb the hill......REASONABLY we cannot expect to compete with them, ESPECIALLY in their house.....but as they say, on any given Saturday.........

hunter

although i think we are overmatched (who the hell is gonna cover their 6'5" wideout? grixby?) we gotta play these teams/games and make a showing...as i said before, yes we need to win this game, but if we keep it within 14 i will not be happy, but consider it a game well played for WHERE we are in our program. remember USC has been on top of the mountain for awhile now, we are just starting to climb the hill......REASONABLY we cannot expect to compete with them, ESPECIALLY in their house.....but as they say, on any given Saturday.........

hunter

True but, Michigan had a couple big boys, and we can hope for Booty just to have a crappy game. :restore

I think we'll need the `Ghost of Huskers Past` to descend upon The Colluseium and give strength to our linemen and guide our secondary and create holes in their line and give us safe passage en-route to Booty face-plants... and maybe bat down a few of Booty's passes to win the game. May the Bobfather grant us this wish.

Seriously though, USC is a top-5 team. We're not quite there. We could end up being a top-10 team this year... but it's going to take a miracle("see above") to win this game. That being said.. I think we can suprise alot of people by playing very competitively, which I expect we will. The spread is between 17-19 points right now, and it should be going up. I think it's almost a no-brainer that we'll cover if it goes above 20. If I were writing the numbers, i'd put it at 16.