Can't Stop Thinking About the Game

Washusker

Anyway, I was listening to ESPN radio on the way home, and they had Ed Cunningham on as a CF "expert".

He didn't pull a Mark May, he said he really likes the progress NU has made under Callahan, given the fact that they basically started from scratch. But given that, his point was that we just don't have the horses to hang with USC.

Then he mentioned something a bit peculiar - Texas only beat SC last year because they had one of the great college players of all time - Vince Young. Further, SC's recruiting has been too good to overlook.

Here's what I just can't understand: Why are all the so-called "experts" completely ignoring the fact that SC lost Leinart, Bush, White, 3/5 of their O-Line?? This is NOT the same SC team as we've seen the last few years. Are the Trojans more talented man for man?? Yes. Are they more experienced?? NO.

When does that start counting for something??

I'm a pessimist at heart, so normally I wouldn't give Big Red a chance. But I just have a nagging feeling that all that lost experience hurts SC. Couple that with the 30,000 Husker fans (fingers crossed), a collective chip on our shoulder, the mind of BC, and our style of offense, we've got a real shot to take this, no?

Talent be damned. What are these talented kids going to do if they get down early? What are they going to do if Booty gets sacked early and often?? What if THEY turn the ball over?

:restore

I would have to say that talent does take you somewhere, but only so far!!!! Where talent stops that's where experience takes over. Does USC got some damn good recruits.............yes!!!! Do we have more experience.................you bet your ass we do!!!! I think with some of the key injuries they have had on defense we can definately move the ball well against them. I'm not saying we haven't had our share of injuries because god knows we have. Sometimes I just think these experts go with the consensus among everyone and just like a team because they put on some type of blinders and don't even want to consider that this team may beat USC!!!! We will need a few things to go our way, but I've said for a long time I think we can beat Texas and USC!!!! :thumbs