Official USC Game Discussion Thread

alairguard, I'm not going to read your posts if you keep on using caps lock...

I'm sooo sorry. Wasn't aware caps lock offended you. Please forgive me.

I think most of the boards will tell you they'd rather not read posts with 100% capslock. No reason to be a dick to me, just pointing something out...

No problem, appreciate it! honestly didn't pay attention to my caps lock, was just typing.

When, if at all, would a Husker fan think that we tried to run the ball too damn much in a game??? :blink:

No I really don't and here's why. Zack really had no time to throw. When he did he was always on the run. I think BC didn't want Zack KILLED this game. If he would of dropped back and passed more that could of very well happened! As far as some are bitching about our tackling towards the end of the game...Our D was flat out TIRED! I think our front 7 did an EXCELLENT job tonight. I also think Wilson was pretty darn good too. I knew our DB's were going to get picked on all night. People are also complaining about helping out the DB's with the safeties. The second you start cheating over the Safties, you leave the middle wide open! Until we get bigger, more physical CB's thats the way it's gonna be!

Well, we were totally outplayed in many facets of this game. I wish we could have seen some more competitive spirit as far as play calling? I don't know if that is the right way to put it, but it just seemed like we layed down after they were up on us 14-3. We have a great shot at the Big 12 championship IMO, and I think we could have won this game with a different gameplan. I think this team is just going to get better after this. Let's not get too depressed, hopefully we can beat up a fairly good Troy team next week! 6 and a half days until game time! :restore

When, if at all, would a Husker fan think that we tried to run the ball too damn much in a game??? :blink:

I love running ball!!!! When it works! BC wants to bring in the WCO, then bring it! Do what he recruited to do, we have talent out there that wasn't being utilized until late in the 3rd/early 4th.

We'll be fine fellas. Callahan obviously has a grand plan in the making by trying to continue to run the ball.

I think it was best said that he wanted to keep the players healthy to pursue the first of our goals on "Restoring the Order"; the Big 12 title. We don't have the talent to compete for a national title, so let's keep the goals of our team down to earth. Something that is realistic and obtainable.

GBR!

This game was really disappointing w/ all of our hype...but we went to USC and played our asses off and at least 1/4 of the stadium was full of Husker fans.  I really feel that Callahan tried to keep everything in check until the 2nd half, and then Lucky fumbled the ball ( by the way I am a BIG Lucky fan ).  That turned the field on us and then it was uphill from there.  Our defense played awesome and our O can open it up.  I really hope that our fans don't try to pin this on BC's play calling.  I think he was smart enough to try to shorten the game, but the turnovers and field position didn't go our way.  Really we held them to 28 (or 35 if you count their lay down on the last series).

Why should we ask for BC's head on a platter after a lose (1 lose) to the #2 team in the damn country? We shouldn't! I disagree with some (many) calls, especially come the end of the first half but hell, it's his team and he will do as he chooses when it comes to game day. Focus, Focus, Focus on the weeks to come because they will determine where our season goes from here.

Because he coached like an idiot today. Both him and Cosgrove. Atleast this game brought everyone back to reality. Looks like another 3 or 4 loss season.

I do not think we will fall very far, if at all in the rankings.

I think Cally went in wanting to prevent a blowout, not necessarily playing to win. I mean, how else do you explain the play calling. He can take a loss to usc, but not a blowout by anybody. We really did not make use of any of our receivers.

Good game USC, you have a great looking team, led by a real classy coach. NU players played well. They were just held back by very conservative and limiting gameplan. I will be wearing red tomorrow. GO BIG RED!

We'll be fine fellas. Callahan obviously has a grand plan in the making by trying to continue to run the ball.

I think it was best said that he wanted to keep the players healthy to pursue the first of our goals on "Restoring the Order"; the Big 12 title. We don't have the talent to compete for a national title, so let's keep the goals of our team down to earth. Something that is realistic and obtainable.

GBR!

EXACTLY! Let us not forgot that our D dropped THREE INT's. One which would of been a TD. I am very optimystic about todays game. Some can bitch and moan about BC and the play calling but remember this fans.....We got A LONG way to go and I really believe we can win the north!

When, if at all, would a Husker fan think that we tried to run the ball too damn much in a game???  :blink:

No I really don't and here's why. Zack really had no time to throw. When he did he was always on the run. I think BC didn't want Zack KILLED this game. If he would of dropped back and passed more that could of very well happened! As far as some are bitching about our tackling towards the end of the game...Our D was flat out TIRED! I think our front 7 did an EXCELLENT job tonight. I also think Wilson was pretty darn good too. I knew our DB's were going to get picked on all night. People are also complaining about helping out the DB's with the safeties. The second you start cheating over the Safties, you leave the middle wide open! Until we get bigger, more physical CB's thats the way it's gonna be!

They tore up Grixby tonight. Poor kid did the best he can. Can't really fault him considering NU would do the same to exploit a mis-match.

Anyway, on to next Saturday. Finish up non-conference with Troy. Win big in Lincoln and go into Conference play on the up swing. :restore

When, if at all, would a Husker fan think that we tried to run the ball too damn much in a game???  :blink:

They tore up Grixby tonight. Poor kid did the best he can. Can't really fault him considering NU would do the same to exploit a mis-match.

Anyway, on to next Saturday. Finish up non-conference with Troy. Win big in Lincoln and go into Conference play on the up swing. :restore

:yeah

This game was really disappointing w/ all of our hype...but we went to USC and played our asses off and at least 1/4 of the stadium was full of Husker fans.  I really feel that Callahan tried to keep everything in check until the 2nd half, and then Lucky fumbled the ball ( by the way I am a BIG Lucky fan ).  That turned the field on us and then it was uphill from there.  Our defense played awesome and our O can open it up.   I really hope that our fans don't try to pin this on BC's play calling.  I think he was smart enough to try to shorten the game, but the turnovers and field position didn't go our way.  Really we held them to 28 (or 35 if you count their lay down on the last series).

Why should we ask for BC's head on a platter after a lose (1 lose) to the #2 team in the damn country? We shouldn't! I disagree with some (many) calls, especially come the end of the first half but hell, it's his team and he will do as he chooses when it comes to game day. Focus, Focus, Focus on the weeks to come because they will determine where our season goes from here.

Because he coached like an idiot today. Both him and Cosgrove. Atleast this game brought everyone back to reality. Looks like another 3 or 4 loss season.

Afer tonight...there is NO reason to ask for his head on a platter! How long has he been coaching the big red? 3 years? Give me a break. Rome wasn't built in a damn day. It's one game. We may disagree with his coaching style tonight but it was, again, one game. I'm only predicting one more loss this season (Texas) Who are you looking at for a 3-4 game lose season? Maybe, possibly A&M but I see us going 10 and 2 headed into the big 12 champsionship! You honestly can't believe that a one game lose to, again, the number two team in the country is reason enough to ask for his head?! Let the season play out and let's not get ahead of ourselves. I mean, for G sakes, was there any reason to ask for Solich's heas after a 10-3 or was it 9-3 season?

No problem, appreciate it!  honestly didn't pay attention to my caps lock, was just typing.

Aight, thats cool.

It is hard to tell that Zac didn't have time to throw when according to ESPN he on had 16 attempts.

But when you refuse to even attempt to pass the ball the defense is going to overload the box.

A good example is when the Chiefs play the Donkeys tomorrow, w/o Green, they are going to load up to stop LJ, and with the way the Chiefs receivers forgot to show up for the game against Cincy, Denver has no reason to be afraid of them. Just like tonight's game against USC, we never attempted to get the ball to our WRs or TEs until late.

FYI, I'm CajunChief on WBC.