Billy C didnt plan to win, d9idnt coach to win

BigRedRick

I have to throw the BS card in here. You really need to stop making excuses for the way that the coaches gave up.

Do you really think that "pounding the rock" :wacko: against a team who was weakest in its secondary was the way to go?

In the World Herald today, BC said that "We had chances, but we just didn't execute." Excuse me, had chances like what, when NU got the ball back with almost 3 minutes in the first half, he ran 3 straight run plays to run the clock? B.S.

Hell, even Frank the Tank would have tried to get a screen pass, or get on the corner with his qb.

He also contradicted himself by saying that "We did what we planned to do to win the football game. We knew that we could come in and run the football." (Yeah, for only 1.9 yds per carry? :wtf ) 2 sentences later-"Again, let me be very clear, we wanted to run the football, and in a tough environment llike this, it's a real challenge to do that."

:blink:

He also contradicted himself by saying that "We did what we planned to do to win the football game. We knew that we could come in and run the football." (Yeah, for only 1.9 yds per carry? :wtf ) 2 sentences later-"Again, let me be very clear, we wanted to run the football, and in a tough environment llike this, it's a real challenge to do that."

I don't get how that is contradicting himself? What's your angle?

What don't you get?

He said "We knew we could run..." and then said that "in an evironment such as this it was going to be tough."

Which one is it?

What don't you get?

He said "We knew we could run..." and then said that "in an evironment such as this it was going to be tough."

Which one is it?

Saying "It's going to be tough to run" does not equate to "Impossible to run". A contradiction would have been if he had said that they wanted to run but then said that they didn't want to run. Or, that they knew they could run and then said that they knew they couldn't run.

Saying "It's going to be tough to run" does not equate to "Impossible to run". A contradiction would have been if he had said that they wanted to run but then said that they didn't want to run. Or, that they knew they could run and then said that they knew they couldn't run.

I disagree. Either way, the game plan stunk.

Do you really think that "pounding the rock" :wacko: against a team who was weakest in its secondary was the way to go?

Maybe he knew that if they went 3 wide and tried to pass Taylor would get his head knocked off. If we would have went out and threw the ball all over the place some people would be saying "Why didn't we try to run the ball more?" USC had a pretty big push up front and Taylor didn't have very much time. If you didn't notice when we did pass he had to roll out to give himself more time. I'm sure Callahan wanted to lose this game. :wacko: Give me a break.

There are so many arm-chair Quarterbacks in this world it is stupid. I'm sure most of the people on here that are complaining about the gameplan are the same ones that complained about TO's gameplans until 93-97. "Why doesn't Tom pass more? Why doesn't he get rid of McBride?" You people drive me crazy.

Saying "It's going to be tough to run" does not equate to "Impossible to run".  A contradiction would have been if he had said that they wanted to run but then said that they didn't want to run.  Or, that they knew they could run and then said that they knew they couldn't run.

I disagree. Either way, the game plan stunk.

Disagree all you want, but it's simple English.

con-tra-dic-tion

–noun 1. the act of contradicting; gainsaying or opposition.

2. assertion of the contrary or opposite; denial.

3. a statement or proposition that contradicts or denies another or itself and is logically incongruous.

4. direct opposition between things compared.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)

Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Maybe he knew that if they went 3 wide and tried to pass Taylor would get his head knocked off. USC had a pretty big push up front and Taylor didn't have very much time. If you didn't notice when we did pass he had to roll out to give himself more time.

Maybe they should try and get a mobile qb to neutralize the pass rush. Again, a failure in philosophy.

If we would have went out and threw the ball all over the place some people would be saying "Why didn't we try to run the ball more?"

I guess we will never know because the coaches didn't even try.

I'm sure Callahan wanted to lose this game. :wacko: Give me a break.

He certainly didn't call the game to win it.

There are so many arm-chair Quarterbacks in this world it is stupid....You people drive me crazy

I guess I was wrong when I thought that this is what Huskerboard was for :blink: Or, is that only when you heap praise upon the team?