Billy C didnt plan to win, d9idnt coach to win

BigRedRick

we should have bumped the recivers and not give them a 10-15 yard cushion

We should have passed the ball more then we did tonight.

GBR

:restore

You're kidding me right? Because the minute you move up your DB's the QB checks the play and they burn Grixby for a TD. You start cheating the LB's to the outside and the RB or TE passes in the middle bite ya in the ass.

This has nothing to do with the D, they did OK. The O underperformed. 10 pts this game whem they shold have had 17-24 pts. I am pissed am drunk, i Will remeber this till at least tje tx game.. We need to step up. GBR

Well everyone is just going to have to deal with this loss in their own way and move on with their lives. I don't know what to tell you guys, but we lost and there is no amount of complaining that is going to bring it back for us. We all know that the game plan was not what we expected it to be. However; I'm tired of reading the same posts over and over again and posting the same posts!!!! Can we merge about 30 threads here so it's easier to read!!!! :wtf:lol:

TRY to think about this logically. if we dont fumble the ball, and pick off one of those 3 passes whats the score? It more than likely take away a touchdown from them and give us one. that 21-17 int the 4th quarter. I think everyone would be happy with that. I do think he should have taken a few more shots down the field, but to say that he played not to get blown out is clearly incorrect. he played to have a shot in the 4th quarter(94 title game anyone) and if we make simple plays (hold one to a hand off, and catch a ball thrown right at you)we would have been

I agree that Callahan didn't try to win, but not to lose. He had the gutsy call with the fake punt, but after that, nothing happened on offense until the td drive late in the game. I wished they would have passed more, but it seemed when they tried to Taylor couldn't get the ball off, and was running for his life most of the time. The gameplan sucked, but an 18 point loss is way better than a 42-10 loss that it could have been. This team has a lot to improve, but the north is ours for the taking, and with Texas and Mizzou, the toughest remaining teams on our schedule, coming to Lincoln, we shouldn't lose more than one more game going into Kansas City. This team is much improved from last season, but is still not USC. I still love this teams chances of going far, and I can't wait for our next game. GBR!

I guess in my opinion we should have passed a bit to not be so one dimensional. I mean you have to mix it up. If we had at least called some more passes I believe the running game may have opened up a bit. I just dont think you can keep trying to run the ball when they are putting 8 guys in the box, expecially with their speed. I would think that to call more passing plays, and mix it up a bit, the USC defense would have softend up a bit and not have been expecting the run and maybe we could have gained more yards on the ground. And why not throw a couple of deep balls? They had a back-up starting at saftey and we didn't even once try and go deep to see how he would react! WTF? I realize that had we not fumbled the ball and if we could have picked off one of the sure interceptions, this may have been a different game. I guess I just felt that we didnt lay it on the line last night. I give credit to all the players, they played their hardest. I just wish they were given an opportunity to showcase their abilitys. Heck why not throw one up deep for Purify and see if he can go get it? Test their secondary a bit.

I sometimes thought Zac looked upset and pissed off at the calls that were being sent in.....

Yeah, really. There was that one time where Zac called a timeout with a really baffled expression on his face, looked almost ticked off. I thought "It's another run play." And it was. Well, almost every play at that point was a run play, so probably just a coincidence.

ZT is a great QB, accurate passer, good arm. We should have used that more instead of tried to run in the 3rd quarter! and we should've done a two-minute drill.

Oh well, though, here's to our next game! Let's beat THOSE trojans.

I sometimes thought Zac looked upset and pissed off at the calls that were being sent in.....

He could have been pissed about the calls... OR... he could have been pissed that that they didn't have link sausage at breakfast. Who knows.

I think Zac was more frustrated that the game plan that they worked really hard to prepare with wasn't working and wasn't being executed to perfection.