Billy C didnt plan to win, d9idnt coach to win

BigRedRick

Sadly I agree. I love Coach Callahan and I believe that he is taking this program to the top, but you could really tell that he wasnt coaching to win the game, he was coaching not to get blown out. I sometimes thought Zac looked upset and pissed off at the calls that were being sent in.....

I feel horrible for the players who worked so hard to get to tonight....

I am very proud of the defense....only giving up 14 points in the first half with an offense that would keep going 3 and out was outstanding....the offense just didnt help them out at all.

The offense was one dimentional and just looked bad.....

BUT, 28-10 or 100-0 I LOVE THE CORNHUSKERS AND ALWAYS WILL...THIS GAME DOES NOT BREAK THE SEASON!!!!

:restore

well considering Al Davis doesn't fire hardly anyone, wonder how we got him. Lets see, number 1 QB in the big 12, and we hardly throw the ball, where the hell was Glenn? I'm glad my grandmother, who i used to watch the games with every weekend, has passed, i already know the words coming out of her motuh, they wouldn't be good. When are we going to get a real coach who can actually use common sense and work with what we have and not waste it?

That bothers me so much that he did that, I wouldnt care if we just lost or hell got blown out but to go into a game and call plays like that it seriously makes me consider if we got a guy we can build upon... I like the system and think it can work but that just scares me more than anything, I really think we could have won this and should have won this but didn't look like we wanted it at all in our play calling....

Okay Okay I don't agree with the play calling in the first half, but we are all pissed off that we lost and I don't think we should hang Cally out to dry!!!! He did what he did and there has to be a reason for it. I'm sure we will find out more when he has his press conference, but we all disagree and know that our passing offense is so much better!!! :dunno

In a way I could see how the game plan could work. Take away Josh Mueller's holding, say we only score 3 pts on that drive. Then take away the fumble that gave them a td. Thats 10 points right there. In a way it could of worked. But it didn't. The season isn't over. Gotta put the pads on Monday and begin preparing for Troy. It's one game, never look back. GO BIG RED!

BC mentioned this earlier in the week when he said that "This game won't make or break the season."

At that point, it seemed as if he was throwing in the towel.

This staff has shown an ineptitude to formulate good gameplans and consistently gets outcoached. Definitely should have thrown the ball more.

It became pretty obvious that NU could play with USC, but the coaches never gave NU a chance to win. I agree with another poster that if this is the best NU can do, this staff may never get the job done.

On the bright side, even though USC gained about twice the total yards NU did, in my opinion, NU wasn't really embarrassed. It was kind of a "blah" game.

I just wonder about what a blackshirt really is anymore as well. Blackshirts used to mean something, now they mean "i can try and grab this guys arm, but miss the tackle". We are usually known for our defense and our beloved, blackshirts. Where are they now? Maybe i'm biased, I think since God, aka Tommy O retired, we haven't had the same team. The year I was born he was there, the year I last recall a great team, he was there. It's truely heartbreaking sometimes watching these teams, knowing they have so much talent, and then thinking, "too bad we have this idiot for a coach". I will admit, the day they made the press conference that they hired Callahan, I sat down and thought, we're dead. I like the West Coast Offense, but come on, thats never been us, and unfortunately, we're known for the option plays. We have a great WCO for next year, but how long are all of us life long fans going to handle this? It drives me nuts, i'm surrounded by idiots here in vegas, they think UNLV has a decent team(trust me, it's not hard to get into UNLV, thats why i graduated from Creighton, just finishing up my masters here), they think NU was known because of their passing game. I do have a certain UNLV Qb that knows what i'm talking about as a friend, lets call him Rocky;) he knows what i'm talking about, and he agree's NU hasn't been anything near the same since Osborne left.

All in all, I think Callahan is an idiot, he didn't use his team to their fullest, he played it safe when we could have beatin this team. Whats this 3rd and 5 and giving a 10-15 yard cushion? Where was our defense that we all remember? I will never stop supporting the big red nation, just that coach. :rant

In a way I could see how the game plan could work. Take away Josh Mueller's holding, say we only score 3 pts on that drive. Then take away the fumble that gave them a td. Thats 10 points right there. In a way it could of worked. But it didn't. The season isn't over. Gotta put the pads on Monday and begin preparing for Troy. It's one game, never look back. GO BIG RED!

troy played g tech tough today...that damn sure is not going to be an easy game to win either.....

New to this board, but I completely agree. Callahan played the game to not get embarassed, he didnt play to win. I have to say, I've never been happy about Solich leaving the way he was forced to. I'm not saying Solich was the guy to take us back to the title, but after he got his new staff he didnt get the chance. Now I've given the Callahan a chance, I thought maybe he was moving in the right direction, but I'm not sure I can support the guy now. He coached us to a loss, and did it on purpose.

Pederson finilly got the Huskers to mediocrity. We aren't playing to win these days, we're playing not to be embarrassed.