Lost Some Faith

Washusker

BC coached like a guy who didn't believe his team could compete with SC.

I think he called a TERRIBLE game.

I really don't know if he's a guy who can lead this program to championships. 

And no, that is not an overreaction.  If he coaches like this in a big game, why would he be any different in any other game?

We learned something about BC, and I don't like what we learned.

I'll gladly take my beating from all you who think that I'm an  :asshat  , but my mind is made up. 

I really don't trust BC.

I'm new here and possibly being asked why i joined the site just to complain, and though thats some of it, i found the site and will critique our boys. I agree with you whole heartedly though, he came out expecting a loss and showed his true colors. I never liked BC in the first place and thought NU made a terrible choice, but I will never support his decisions again. I will support our players, not the coach, HE IS AN :asshat not you my friend.

If we go on to win the Big 12 you will not support BC? If he stays here for mulitiple years and builds a consistant BCS bowl team you will not support him? I know those are big if's, but I think that is where we are headed. I would have hated to see your guys' comments if we had gotten blown out, because I think it could have easily gone that way.

you know, thats where you're misunderstanding. I don't care about getting blown out, what i care about is playing like you know you're going to lose. I have never likes BC, never will, but come on, he coached like he was running the raiders the year after the superbowl, you know, the year he played like he was only there for a paycheck and knew he was going to lose. I was ashamed to see our boys playing so hard, and our coach calling plays that were safe every single time. Why would you call a run down the gut almost every other play against one of the nationes best run defenses for the last few years? That right there shows me he was playing to keep it close because he had no faith in our boys. I'm sorry you don't see it that way, i'm sorry you blind yourself to it. Some of us see it though, and find it unbearable to watch after all these years have a coach that just curls up and dies because he has no faith in our boys.

If we would have lost by 80 points, i'd have been angry, sure, but if we had played like we do, i'd have been able to take it. instead we played like callihan simply didn't want to risk embarrasing himself and never gave our boys a chance. As it is, we never played to our potential even once tonight, it's pretty damn obvious.

If we would have lost by 80 points, i'd have been angry, sure, but if we had played like we do, i'd have been able to take it.

Ok I am gonna throw the BS flag on this one! dedhoarse

:yeah

I'm done with this game, nothing but negative input so I'm focusing on Troy. Good Night All.

BC coached like a guy who didn't believe his team could compete with SC.

I think he called a TERRIBLE game.

I really don't know if he's a guy who can lead this program to championships. 

And no, that is not an overreaction.  If he coaches like this in a big game, why would he be any different in any other game?

We learned something about BC, and I don't like what we learned.

I'll gladly take my beating from all you who think that I'm an  :asshat  , but my mind is made up. 

I really don't trust BC.

I'm new here and possibly being asked why i joined the site just to complain, and though thats some of it, i found the site and will critique our boys. I agree with you whole heartedly though, he came out expecting a loss and showed his true colors. I never liked BC in the first place and thought NU made a terrible choice, but I will never support his decisions again. I will support our players, not the coach, HE IS AN :asshat not you my friend.

If we go on to win the Big 12 you will not support BC? If he stays here for mulitiple years and builds a consistant BCS bowl team you will not support him? I know those are big if's, but I think that is where we are headed. I would have hated to see your guys' comments if we had gotten blown out, because I think it could have easily gone that way.

you know, thats where you're misunderstanding. I don't care about getting blown out, what i care about is playing like you know you're going to lose. I have never likes BC, never will, but come on, he coached like he was running the raiders the year after the superbowl, you know, the year he played like he was only there for a paycheck and knew he was going to lose. I was ashamed to see our boys playing so hard, and our coach calling plays that were safe every single time. Why would you call a run down the gut almost every other play against one of the nationes best run defenses for the last few years? That right there shows me he was playing to keep it close because he had no faith in our boys. I'm sorry you don't see it that way, i'm sorry you blind yourself to it. Some of us see it though, and find it unbearable to watch after all these years have a coach that just curls up and dies because he has no faith in our boys.

If we would have lost by 80 points, i'd have been angry, sure, but if we had played like we do, i'd have been able to take it. instead we played like callihan simply didn't want to risk embarrasing himself and never gave our boys a chance. As it is, we never played to our potential even once tonight, it's pretty damn obvious.

If we would have lost by 80 points, i'd have been angry, sure, but if we had played like we do, i'd have been able to take it.

Ok I am gonna throw the BS flag on this one! dedhoarse

thorw it all you like. I will never support a crappy coach who just rolls over and dies. Apparently you never saw the little convo with ESPN about Jones comment. Callihan never supported his thoughts one bit, he rolled over even in the ESPN interview. He has no faith in his team, if he did, he'd at least have USED the number 1 rated QB in the big 12.

sure I may hate the loss more than anything but our (KIDS) went out there and played usc like no one expected them to they played with heart and played with passion against a good team who just seemed a step ahead of us everytime. So when the team gets back from cali we all need to be there to show support just like we allways have and allways will and why cuase were the best dam college football fans in the nation!!!!

Cuase we'll all stick together through all kinds of weather for dear ol NEBRASKA U!

sure I may hate the loss more than anything but our (KIDS) went out there and played usc like no one expected them to they played with heart and played with passion against a good team who just seemed a step ahead of us everytime. So when the team gets back from cali we all need to be there to show support just like we allways have and allways will and why cuase were the best dam college football fans in the nation!!!!

Cuase we'll all stick together through all kinds of weather for dear ol NEBRASKA U!

Good post but I do wonder. Some seem to think that the Coaching staff ISN'T a part of the Husker team!

I'm sure we will be ready. Both of those teams are overrated IMO anyway. But for sure we shouldn't be looking past them whatsoever. A let-down would be devastating.

yes, i agree Florida St. is way overrated, but they are a physical and tuff team. i think we will be ready too, just don't overlook any team.

I can't believe some of you guys. Who ever thinks we can shoot it out with SC in SC and win wasn't watching our corner backs getting abused. If We don't run the ball and slow the tempo down the SC can get into a very bad for us rythm and the flood gates open and roll us by 50. Going into the 2nd half we were down by 11 grixby makes the inter. we are now only down by 4 hell if lucky doesn't fumble shanel intercepts yada yada yada. The gameplan was perfect he did what he thought could win him the game. It is pretty sad when OU fans can see it and nebraska fans can't. Some of you contend we are playing not to get blown out then why does callahan call the fake punt in our side of the 50, sounds like a man trying to win to me.

I can't believe some of you guys. Who ever thinks we can shoot it out with SC in SC and win wasn't watching our corner backs getting abused. If We don't run the ball and slow the tempo down the SC can get into a very bad for us rythm and the flood gates open and roll us by 50. Going into the 2nd half we were down by 11 grixby makes the inter. we are now only down by 4 hell if lucky doesn't fumble shanel intercepts yada yada yada. The gameplan was perfect he did what he thought could win him the game. It is pretty sad when OU fans can see it and nebraska fans can't. Some of you contend we are playing not to get blown out then why does callahan call the fake punt in our side of the 50, sounds like a man trying to win to me.

I agree with some of what you said. I wouldn't say the gameplan was perfect though and I think we really should have tried something with a minute left in the first half. JMO