Lost Some Faith

Washusker

Washusker, I do have respect for most everything you say on this board. But this time I have to disagree with you. As a few have previously posted, BC scripted the best game he could with the talent he has. Our O-line is still growing and our secondary is vulnerable in many ways.

Rather than risk injury on a team that was superior in talent, he did play conservative. Conserving the health of the team to compete for the conference championship which is very obtainable.

You post as if our season was already 5-6; we are 2-1. It is quite possible that we wont lose another game this season...including our bowl game.

Remain optimisitc, we are still early in the season with a lot of games ahead.

I disagree, but that's OK. I thought we could have attacked more.

I mean, if you already believe you can't win - why not at least go down in a blaze of glory?

We could have gone down the field more often, but we didn't. We could have mixed up our looks on the defensive side, but we didn't.

This was a completely unsatisfying game, because we did not play to win. I can't accept that. I don't fault the kids, either. I fault the coaching staff - namely Callahan.

You could try to call me out/poke at me if you want (not sure if that's what your going for or not, that's how i took it with my "mother must be proud") but i'm not going to sit here and bag on our coach for "keeping it close" or whatever, i'm proud to have Calli....either way...UP YOURS for trying to belittle me, give me sh*t, or take a shot at me.

I interepeted it as your giving up on Calli.

oh how the losses bring out the worst in us. :wacko:

Blah blah blah.

One, you need to reread my comments before you make "jumping ship" comments.

Two, you came off a little snooty with your "I'll support them no matter what" remark. Don't question my alleigance.

I'm Sorry for the following caps but I'm yelling in my mind...WE LOST TO THE NUMBER 2 F'CKING TEAM IN THE COUNTRY BY 18, GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK, OTHER TEAMS WILL LOSE TO USCE BY 30-40. IT IS ONE DAMN LOSE AND DOES NOT, IN ANYWAY, HINDER OUT ONE TRUE GOAL THIS YEAR AND THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE BIG 12 NORTH TITLE AND A POSSIBLE BCS WITH A 10-2 SEASON.

DISAGREE?....LET'S SEE HOW THE REST OF THE SEASON PLAYS OUT BEFORE WE START "NOT TRUSTING" OR ASKING FOR BC'S HEAD ON A SILVER PLATTER!

I'm Sorry for the following caps but I'm yelling in my mind...WE LOST TO THE NUMBER 2 F'CKING TEAM IN THE COUNTRY BY 18, GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK, OTHER TEAMS WILL LOSE TO USCE BY 30-40. IT IS ONE DAMN LOSE AND DOES NOT, IN ANYWAY, HINDER OUT ONE TRUE GOAL THIS YEAR AND THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE BIG 12 NORTH TITLE AND A POSSIBLE BCS WITH A 10-2 SEASON.

DISAGREE?....LET'S SEE HOW THE REST OF THE SEASON PLAYS OUT BEFORE WE START "NOT TRUSTING" OR ASKING FOR BC'S HEAD ON A SILVER PLATTER!

Right. Because he completely changed who he is and how he coaches just this once... :sarcasm

It's our coaches jobs to do their best to put our players in a position they can win games.

In my opinion the coaches have failed in that goal.

Sweeping it under the rug will not help.

But, to go for heads without knowing more about why they sucked is also premature.

There is a problem and the organization needs to look at it.

USC could have won by more then the score was.

I am very proud of the efforts the players put forth.

The defense, on whole, should be applauded.

But, there are some serious problems that really should be talked about!

I'd like to see them win.

BC coached like a guy who didn't believe his team could compete with SC.

I think he called a TERRIBLE game.

I really don't know if he's a guy who can lead this program to championships.

And no, that is not an overreaction. If he coaches like this in a big game, why would he be any different in any other game?

We learned something about BC, and I don't like what we learned.

I'll gladly take my beating from all you who think that I'm an :asshat , but my mind is made up.

I really don't trust BC.

I'm new here and possibly being asked why i joined the site just to complain, and though thats some of it, i found the site and will critique our boys. I agree with you whole heartedly though, he came out expecting a loss and showed his true colors. I never liked BC in the first place and thought NU made a terrible choice, but I will never support his decisions again. I will support our players, not the coach, HE IS AN :asshat not you my friend.

I'm Sorry for the following caps but I'm yelling in my mind...WE LOST TO THE NUMBER 2 F'CKING TEAM IN THE COUNTRY BY 18, GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK, OTHER TEAMS WILL LOSE TO USCE BY 30-40.  IT IS ONE DAMN LOSE AND DOES NOT, IN ANYWAY, HINDER OUT ONE TRUE GOAL THIS YEAR AND THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE BIG 12 NORTH TITLE AND A POSSIBLE BCS WITH A 10-2 SEASON.

Right. Because he completely changed who he is and how he coaches just this once... :sarcasm

if you don't call THIS an excuse, you are really naive. We could have beatin this team had our coach shown up to win and not roll over. This USC team really isn't the same team of old. I truely think had Callhan come to win we could have.

And no, that is not an overreaction.  If he coaches like this in a big game, why would he be any different in any other game?

I'll gladly take my beating from all you who think that I'm an  :asshat  , but my mind is made up. 

I really don't trust BC.

I'm new here and possibly being asked why i joined the site just to complain, and though thats some of it, i found the site and will critique our boys. I agree with you whole heartedly though, he came out expecting a loss and showed his true colors. I never liked BC in the first place and thought NU made a terrible choice, but I will never support his decisions again. I will support our players, not the coach, HE IS AN :asshat not you my friend.

If we go on to win the Big 12 you will not support BC? If he stays here for mulitiple years and builds a consistant BCS bowl team you will not support him? I know those are big if's, but I think that is where we are headed. I would have hated to see your guys' comments if we had gotten blown out, because I think it could have easily gone that way.

I'm Sorry for the following caps but I'm yelling in my mind...WE LOST TO THE NUMBER 2 F'CKING TEAM IN THE COUNTRY BY 18, GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK, OTHER TEAMS WILL LOSE TO USCE BY 30-40.  IT IS ONE DAMN LOSE AND DOES NOT, IN ANYWAY, HINDER OUT ONE TRUE GOAL THIS YEAR AND THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE BIG 12 NORTH TITLE AND A POSSIBLE BCS WITH A 10-2 SEASON.

if you don't call THIS an excuse, you are really naive. We could have beatin this team had our coach shown up to win and not roll over. This USC team really isn't the same team of old. I truely think had Callhan come to win we could have.

Holy sh#t! What is the damn problem? Can we not handle a single damn lose? Did I say we COULDN'T beat this USC team? NO, I didnt', I said we COULD be this USC team. What I am saying is that we didn't, they are #2 for a damn reason, yes our coach was a douche at the begining (complete first half) but not a reason to start calling for his damn head. Excuse a guy for defending his coach on ONE, 1, Single lose.

You've got to remember even though ZT only tried passing 18 times or whatever, he was getting hurried so much an all air attack wouldn't have worked. Did I want to see 3 runs and out 4 times? No, but I understand what he was trying to do.

PS What was up with the ZT "fumble" call, I thought his arm was moving foward and that's why they brought it back but then they backed us up 11 yards too? I didn't get that. That holding call on that drive killed us.

And no, that is not an overreaction.  If he coaches like this in a big game, why would he be any different in any other game?

I'll gladly take my beating from all you who think that I'm an  :asshat  , but my mind is made up. 

I really don't trust BC.

If we go on to win the Big 12 you will not support BC? If he stays here for mulitiple years and builds a consistant BCS bowl team you will not support him? I know those are big if's, but I think that is where we are headed. I would have hated to see your guys' comments if we had gotten blown out, because I think it could have easily gone that way.

you know, thats where you're misunderstanding. I don't care about getting blown out, what i care about is playing like you know you're going to lose. I have never likes BC, never will, but come on, he coached like he was running the raiders the year after the superbowl, you know, the year he played like he was only there for a paycheck and knew he was going to lose. I was ashamed to see our boys playing so hard, and our coach calling plays that were safe every single time. Why would you call a run down the gut almost every other play against one of the nationes best run defenses for the last few years? That right there shows me he was playing to keep it close because he had no faith in our boys. I'm sorry you don't see it that way, i'm sorry you blind yourself to it. Some of us see it though, and find it unbearable to watch after all these years have a coach that just curls up and dies because he has no faith in our boys.

If we would have lost by 80 points, i'd have been angry, sure, but if we had played like we do, i'd have been able to take it. instead we played like callihan simply didn't want to risk embarrasing himself and never gave our boys a chance. As it is, we never played to our potential even once tonight, it's pretty damn obvious.

if we didn't slow the game down, we would of gotten our ass handed to us, plain and simple.

That's what I kept saying... USC could be 3rd & 40, and they would still get a first down... Just toss it to #8 and they're golden... Or run it to the outside.

USC was so fast & refined it wasn't even funny. Our backs may have just been statues.

I really don't trust BC.

you know, thats where you're misunderstanding. I don't care about getting blown out, what i care about is playing like you know you're going to lose. I have never likes BC, never will, but come on, he coached like he was running the raiders the year after the superbowl, you know, the year he played like he was only there for a paycheck and knew he was going to lose. I was ashamed to see our boys playing so hard, and our coach calling plays that were safe every single time. Why would you call a run down the gut almost every other play against one of the nationes best run defenses for the last few years? That right there shows me he was playing to keep it close because he had no faith in our boys. I'm sorry you don't see it that way, i'm sorry you blind yourself to it. Some of us see it though, and find it unbearable to watch after all these years have a coach that just curls up and dies because he has no faith in our boys.

If we would have lost by 80 points, i'd have been angry, sure, but if we had played like we do, i'd have been able to take it. instead we played like callihan simply didn't want to risk embarrasing himself and never gave our boys a chance. As it is, we never played to our potential even once tonight, it's pretty damn obvious.

If we would have lost by 80 points, i'd have been angry, sure, but if we had played like we do, i'd have been able to take it.

Ok I am gonna throw the BS flag on this one! dedhoarse