Lost Some Faith

Washusker

No, I won't.  This was more than making mistakes.  This was philosophy and mindset.  And I don't know if I want a coach with that kind of philosophy and mindset leading Husker Nation.

Give me a break! :dumdum

I would agree with you other than the fact that Callahan quoted that this game will not define our season, and the play calling was so conservative. He was playing not to lose big, that is not the kind of coach I want in a program.

What if he does this next year vs USC?

if he does it again next year with keller at qb, he will get his ass run out of lincoln, and i will stand by that prediction!!!!!!!

BC coached like a guy who didn't believe his team could compete with SC.

I think he called a TERRIBLE game.

I really don't know if he's a guy who can lead this program to championships.

And no, that is not an overreaction. If he coaches like this in a big game, why would he be any different in any other game?

We learned something about BC, and I don't like what we learned.

I'll gladly take my beating from all you who think that I'm an :asshat , but my mind is made up.

I really don't trust BC.

I agree. It's like Solich was back on the sidelines.

Hell, Solich at least played to win, up until the "Debacle in Boulder."

Next game we should throw everydown! Let's throw when it's 3rd and 1 like we did last year. Now everybody want's to be like Texas Tech and throw it 70 times a game. Let's run 5 wide just to please everybody and become a team like Texas Tech. We should have scored 40 agans't the #2 team. It's like we should have won 50-28. 28-10 agans't the #2 team is a step foreward.

Next game we should throw everydown! Let's throw when it's 3rd and 1 like we did last year. Now everybody want's to be like Texas Tech and throw it 70 times a game. Let's run 5 wide just to please everybody and become a team like Texas Tech. We should have scored 40 agans't the #2 team. It's like we should have won 50-28. 28-10 agans't the #2 team is a step foreward.

you really don't get it, do you?

I have to say neither I nor the other 10 people watching the game with me felt as if BC went there to win....Glenn should have been in the game on short yardage....we should have tried to stretch the field before 50 seconds left in the 3rd qt.....even if he wanted to slow the game....we needed to throw earlier to keep them honest....i did like the fake and was excited about the balls and creativity.....we could not have beaten this team but we didnt look like we tried either...true a few lucky bounces and maybe something different but we didnt seem to be trying to create our own luck.....The defense did ok overall to keep them to the score they did but the offense should have helped out more....i still believe BC can get us where we need to go but i am not sure he understands that nebraskans respect hard play not "trying to keep it close"

Jump off if you want, but i'm in it WIN, LOSE, DRAW PERIOD!!

Give me a break. I never said I was jumping ship. I'll be right there rooting for Big Red next week and every other week.

But big ups to you for being so darn supportive. Your mother must be proud... :sarcasm

You could try to call me out/poke at me if you want (not sure if that's what your going for or not, that's how i took it with my "mother must be proud") but i'm not going to sit here and bag on our coach for "keeping it close" or whatever, i'm proud to have Calli....either way...UP YOURS for trying to belittle me, give me sh*t, or take a shot at me.

I interepeted it as your giving up on Calli.

oh how the losses bring out the worst in us. :wacko:

look, all most of us are saying is we wanted to see some balance..we wanted a shot at attacking their green db's......he didn't even try.....he will catch so much heat over this piss poor effort that he will never do this again, hell even the d looked let down over the fact that the o was gonna keep runing it...you could just see it in the players eyes......it was really sad.....they KNEW they had no chance. the kids aren't stupid.....this will hurt recruiting as well.....no one saw a coach trying hard to win a game tonight......basic instincts were missing......everyone saw it!

hunter

Jump off if you want, but i'm in it WIN, LOSE, DRAW PERIOD!!

Give me a break. I never said I was jumping ship. I'll be right there rooting for Big Red next week and every other week.

But big ups to you for being so darn supportive. Your mother must be proud... :sarcasm

You could try to call me out/poke at me if you want (not sure if that's what your going for or not, that's how i took it with my "mother must be proud") but i'm not going to sit here and bag on our coach for "keeping it close" or whatever, i'm proud to have Calli....either way...UP YOURS for trying to belittle me, give me sh*t, or take a shot at me.

I interepeted it as your giving up on Calli.

oh how the losses bring out the worst in us. :wacko:

you are missing the point........IT IS HOW WE LOST, that has many of us pissed off!

Washusker, I do have respect for most everything you say on this board. But this time I have to disagree with you. As a few have previously posted, BC scripted the best game he could with the talent he has. Our O-line is still growing and our secondary is vulnerable in many ways.

Rather than risk injury on a team that was superior in talent, he did play conservative. Conserving the health of the team to compete for the conference championship which is very obtainable.

You post as if our season was already 5-6; we are 2-1. It is quite possible that we wont lose another game this season...including our bowl game.

Remain optimisitc, we are still early in the season with a lot of games ahead.

Callahan used conservative plays to try to keep the tempo of the game down to keep us in it. It was a little disappointing that not more of an attempt was made to establish a passing game. It was also disappointing that we kept stacking and allowing their defense to group against the run. It was disappointing that the Defense had not found a few ways to neutralize their "professional class receiverS".

The players did very good and I can lay no blame on them.

Their seems to be a disconnect within the coaching staff.

(Like one or two people handling too many of the responibilities without enough communication and cooperation.)

We really need more execution of tactical organization.

Something really stinks there.

Sorry.