I feel good coming away from the game....

huskerguy

How do you know Carroll's game plan wasn't to hang 50 or more points on us but Caly's play calling prevented it.  So we lost...to the #2 team in the nation....by only 18 points.  Its not the end of the season

Only a true loser would take that point of view.

Listen people, its not THAT NU lost, it's HOW they lost. BC didn't coach the game to win, he coached not to get blown out. By doing that, he is not displaying leadership. Seeing that Taylor and some of the others were pissed, I hope he doesn't lose this team, too.

IF he even would have tried for one quarter, two series, anything, to exploit the weakness of their defense, I would give him a pass on it. But besides the touchdown drive (which worked well) he never did.

I'm wondering if the gameplan was to run all game, keep it close and then in the 4th quarter turn it on as you saw they loosened the reigns on the TD drive at the end of the 3rd quarter. Were we just too far behind at that point for that gameplan to work? I don't think that game plan could ever work with the way they were destroying our corners... Oh well.

How do you know Carroll's game plan wasn't to hang 50 or more points on us but Caly's play calling prevented it.  So we lost...to the #2 team in the nation....by only 18 points.  Its not the end of the season

Listen people, its not THAT NU lost, it's HOW they lost. BC didn't coach the game to win, he coached not to get blown out. By doing that, he is not displaying leadership. Seeing that Taylor and some of the others were pissed, I hope he doesn't lose this team, too.

IF he even would have tried for one quarter, two series, anything, to exploit the weakness of their defense, I would give him a pass on it. But besides the touchdown drive (which worked well) he never did.

thats a very good point, he may have pissed off his own players, as you could se eit in their faces. Whose to say he is still respected by this team? He may have lost it because I think BC broke their hearts with the play calling.

thats a very good point, he may have pissed off his own players, as you could se eit in their faces. Whose to say he is still respected by this team? He may have lost it because I think BC broke their hearts with the play calling.

ZT looked pissed the entire game, but at no time more apparent than right before half. I hope the team knows what Cally was trying to do, because I know I don't. :dunno

I actually feel good coming away from this game... In My Opinion our defense showed they are top 5 in the nation, we did a great job tackling and wrapping up guys running.... obviously Jarrett and Smith hurt us but you have to realize we won't see anyone near as good as either of those guys the rest of the year, we had them covered at times but they are just to damn talented to stop the whole game. Our offense is good and could be great if we would have just passed the ball thats the only scary thing is seeing how BC didn't even seem to try to win this one...

But in the big picture, honostly tell me, did any of you expect this team to win a National Championship? We lost 1 game to the #4 team in the nation! I feel confident coming away from this that we can win the rest of our games on the schedule right now, not counting Big XII Champ. and Bowl Game) Can you imagine most those teams on our schedule playing USC? What would K-State look like at USC? Okla St.? I think we can run the table from here on with the team we got if not maybe lose one somewhere along the line but we should have a good season :thumbs GBR and don't lose faith in this team because we just lost to a hell of a team!

We gave up 400 yards of offense, i wouldn't call that good defense? What if Bill wouldn't of ran the clock the whole game?

I actually feel good coming away from this game... In My Opinion our defense showed they are  top 5 in the nation, we did a great job tackling and wrapping up guys running.... obviously Jarrett and Smith hurt us but you have to realize we won't see anyone near as good as either of those guys the rest of the year, we had them covered at times but they are just to damn talented to stop the whole game. Our offense is good and could be great if we would have just passed the ball thats the only scary thing is seeing how BC didn't even seem to try to win this one...

But in the big picture, honostly tell me, did any of you expect this team to win a National Championship? We lost 1 game to the #4 team in the nation! I feel confident coming away from this that we can win the rest of our games on the schedule right now, not counting Big XII Champ. and Bowl Game) Can you imagine most those teams on our schedule playing USC? What would K-State look like at USC? Okla St.? I think we can run the table from here on with the team we got if not maybe lose one somewhere along the line but we should have a good season  :thumbs GBR and don't lose faith in this team because we just lost to a hell of a team!

We gave up 400 yards of offense, i wouldn't call that good defense? What if Bill wouldn't of ran the clock the whole game?

We would of given up 400 yards to Jarrett alone! Killed what little confidence our secondary has left, ran the risk of getting our QB knocked out of the game or for the season(eventhough you stated that you wouldn't of mind seeing that as long as we would of tried to win :hmmm ) before we even opened up conference play.

i know that we lost the game but our players played with a lot of heart and they left it all on field. but then again what happend to the passsing game? from time to time in that game zac was looking good then went right back to running it up the middle. So i think that players did a good job and my hats off to them but the coaches what the hell was the offensive game plan!!!!!!

how many days did we have to gameplan??

As one poster commented, BC has been breaking down film of USC in anticipation of this game since he got here, that would be 3 years.

And this was the best he could do :wtf

Ah from a poster? Hmmm and just exactly what proof did he have of this? Hell I can say all the sh#t I want on here but doesn't mean its true or correct! I thought even you wouldn't believe all you read on here! :LOLtartar