I feel good coming away from the game....

huskerguy

I actually think the play calling was correct! Look at what Texas did to USC last year. Young didn't throw much but beat him with his feet. If Texas can't get guys open with their team how the hell should we!

Like people said before we need mistake free football. The holding call on a drive where we were moving it killed us, Lucky's fumble on our own 25 hurts badly, if either grixby or jones come away with the football they score 6 and all of the sudden not only is it close but we could be leading.

Say we do throw the ball more, USC gets the ball more on offense and we lose by 30! Then everyone yelps that we should have used more ball control! BTW, if you didn't notice our receivers were rarely open and Taylor had minimal time to throw the ball. So yeah let's pass, kill Taylor, and make him throw into coverage. Remember last year when Taylor didn't have time, I do and it wasn't pretty.

As much as we hate to believe it, we are not as talented as USC. We do not have guys that have been in the "system" as long as USC. There's no question we are not there yet but a helluva lot closer than 1998-2003. If you think the option would have worked just reply the few times we tried getting to the corner.

Anyone bashing Callahan needs to go back through the 80's and early 90's and remember some of the play calling we all bitched about with Osborne, who not lives in Husker immortality by the way. Or how about our infamous defenses that had no chance against the pass. There were definately some years in there you could chalk up the loss to either Oklahoma or Colorado, and definately the bowl game. Anyone remember Georgia Tech in 1990! That was embarrasing.

This was a game we could have won but as many people stated it needed to be mistake free and it wasn't! And if anyone knows how to freakin stop 2 wide receivers that are better than 3/4's of the receivers in the NFL than you are int he wrong business!

GO BIG RED!!! :bonez:boxosoap:restore:rant

The biggest problem I see here is that unrealistic fan expectations haven't been met. The Huskers, who are still in rebuilding mode, get beat by one of the best teams in the nation, with the best recruiting in the nation, and ya'll want to quit. USC was a better team folks. I thought we would pass more but maybe all that would have done was give USC more opportunities to shred our secondary. They looked on the verge of blowing us out the whole game. Ya gotta look at the big picture and be in it for the long haul rather than going apey over 1 game. There were seasons where some fans wanted to get rid of Osborne. Looking back, that whould have been stupid.

The biggest problem I see here is that unrealistic fan expectations haven't been met. The Huskers, who are still in rebuilding mode, get beat by one of the best teams in the nation, with the best recruiting in the nation, and ya'll want to quit. USC was a better team folks. I thought we would pass more but maybe all that would have done was give USC more opportunities to shred our secondary. They looked on the verge of blowing us out the whole game. Ya gotta look at the big picture and be in it for the long haul rather than going apey over 1 game. There were seasons where some fans wanted to get rid of Osborne. Looking back, that whould have been stupid.

:yeah

i am still running it over and over in my mind

We can bash Cally all we want but he is Nebraska Football until Steve P does something about it. Which he wont. Right or wrong BC has my support he went too conservative for me but he knows his players better than we do so if he didnt think he could air it out then maybe we couldnt. I wish the camera would have shown the recievers more they looked like they were being manhandled. USC has huge corners/safeties which were jamming our guys at the line I can remember countless times seeing Herian all tied up, Hardy relaxing on the turf our big physical recievers werent featured much...maybe they arent ready to be featured. I dunno i feel pretty blah about this game we could have coached better but our offense could have executed the plays they were given better too. Our offensive line looked alright and if they look alright against USC I think they will be good enough against all of the North and possibly even surprise Texas. Go Huskers I am still spinning on how I feel on this game. Its all a daze.

very true, poor play calling, no fire in the defense......it's like the kids knew what was going to happen......sh#t, cally's worst effort by far as a coach.....i would have been pissed to make that trip and not see more than he showed and let our kids play.....

Hey hunter I give you a some qoutes from the LA paper I saw posted on another site since you said the def. had no Fire in your opinion.

Looking at article in LA daily news...interesting first lines:

"As the game ended, Ryan Kalil crumpled to the ground on one knee. The USC center was joined by the rest of the starting offensive line, oblivious to the outcome and in a state of exhaustion.

"We were tired," offensive tackle Kyle Williams said. "It was run after run out there at the end. They were some big boys, bigger than what we usually face."

Judging from the players' expressions, it was hard to tell No. 4 USC comfortably disposed of No. 19 Nebraska 28-10 in front of 92,000 at the Coliseum on Saturday night.

"Some teams submit and give up against us," Kalil said. "They were physical and they play their hardest. That was a pretty rough game."

Things could be a lot worse than an 18-point victory over one of the best-known programs in the country, but there wasn't much high-fiving among USC players afterward. Or coaches."

Seems like the USC offe. The Blackshirts gave everything they could they left everything on the field. Sounds like they earned the respect of USC.