conservative

adc7236

As a Husker native and fan for almost 40 years I was puzzled to see what happened tonight. I understand rebuilding years, coaching changes and the amount of time it takes to establish a change in a program. However, I am dissapointed in the outcome of the USC vs Neb game. I thought Bill Callahan came to win when I saw the fake punt in the first half but I was wrong. As the game wore on and I saw run play after run play.....it became obvious that Bill Callahan did not come to win but only try not to get beat badly. As a loyal supporter of Husker Nation for almost 40 years....I am a bit dissapointed.

So.....what if Zack passed it 30 times tonight and on the 31st time he gets sacked, and blows out a knee or seperates a shoulder? Then what? People will bitch at why we called so many passing plays. As much as it pains some of you, this is not the end of our season and we need our players healthy for the Big 12 North!

Yeah but when we had how many 3 and out drives where we ran all three downs you have to understand where these people are coming from. I am on the fence on this one. :ahhhhhhhh

As a Husker native and fan for almost 40 years I was puzzled to see what happened tonight. I understand rebuilding years, coaching changes and the amount of time it takes to establish a change in a program. However, I am dissapointed in the outcome of the USC vs Neb game. I thought Bill Callahan came to win when I saw the fake punt in the first half but I was wrong. As the game wore on and I saw run play after run play.....it became obvious that Bill Callahan did not come to win but only try not to get beat badly. As a loyal supporter of Husker Nation for almost 40 years....I am a bit dissapointed.

We all are. But it's just a game. There's always next weekend and the rest of the season. :restore

So.....what if Zack passed it 30 times tonight and on the 31st time he gets sacked, and blows out a knee or seperates a shoulder?  Then what?  People will bitch at why we called so many passing plays.  As much as it pains some of you, this is not the end of our season and we need our players healthy for the Big 12 North!

Yeah but when we had how many 3 and out drives where we ran all three downs you have to understand where these people are coming from. I am on the fence on this one. :ahhhhhhhh

Oh I am on the fence about the play calling too but the more the game went on the more I think Zack would of been crushed. Sometimes it's better to live to fight another day!

So.....what if Zack passed it 30 times tonight and on the 31st time he gets sacked, and blows out a knee or seperates a shoulder? Then what? People will bitch at why we called so many passing plays.

if he had completed all 30 of those passes, I wouldn't have minded at all.

But it came down to us running almost every play and not getting anywhere with it. And we kept running it up the middle and were stuffed everytime.

Taylor proved last week that he can make some great throws, so why didn't we use him more for that?

And our corners were just beat...like we all said they would be. Their size played a huge difference and they just didn't seem in the game.

I was proud of our defense in their ability to stop a lot several of those USC drives....and to give our offense at least the chance to do something.

I'm disappointed we lost. I was really hoping we could have shown the nation how much we improved...but I'm not even sure we did much of that. True, it wasn't a normal USC blowout and if USC goes on to win every single game the rest of the year, it'll feel a little better. But what some of the commentators were saying, I agree with; we need to set our sights at one step at a time. And for this year that step is a Big XII championship game.

Next week Troy...let's get back home and train for next week's win!

GO BIG RED