Huskers ranked 21st

Florida State and Cal are both ahead of us? Now, really . . .

Both of these teams deserve it. Florida St. beat Miami (I know there down but it's still Miami) and Cal beat a good conference opponent.

Right now, we don't deserve to be ranked any higher than we are until we beat some conference teams. A win over Texas would do wonders.

I would say ESPN gave us a huge compliment a week ago when they brought game day So Cal. Even though there were about 5 games better or more appealing than that one.

we all know that the poll system is a bunch of crap! deciding who is number 1 before teams even play a game (notre dame). were not even in the bcs picture. dont know why? maybe someone could answer that one for me? maybe someday college might go to a playoff..............yeah right. yeah, were 21st, no one is going to give any respect until we can beat a ranked opponent on the road. so don't expect us to move up in the bcs anytime soon.

NU will gradually start climbing in the polls every week as teams in front of us stumble and we continue to win. I would not be surprised that on October 21st, NU is ranked #12 and Texas #5. At that point, a win over UT would give us BCS points and solidify a top 10 ranking that matters; the BCS.

Isn't there some sort of a playoff this year. I live in Phoenix and they keep on talking about a National Championship game at the new cards stadium. It's not the Fiesta Bowl. Is there a 1 v 4 bowl game and a 2 v 3, then a winner of those two game? not sure.

No it's not a playoff system they're just having five BCS bowls. The four they normally had plus the "Championship Game" with #1 vs #2. They're SLOWLY trying to go toward a playoff IMO.

have you seen the teams that are in the bcs race? Where is nebraska?

BCS doesn't come out for a few more weeks but we won't even be close and don't deserve to be, yet. :restore