FSN Best Damn Sports Show Top 50 Football Plays

dbetz23

• 1 month later...

It was on again last night. Here's the complete list: best damn

Here's their breakdown of the Nebraska plays:

46. Eric Crouch

Nebraska QB Eric Crouch wanted the Heisman, and a 95-yard run vs. Missouri didn't hurt his cause. Crouch stood from the shotgun in his own end zone. Seeing no open receivers, Crouch took off. He zigged and zagged 95 yards down the field for the longest run in school history. He also took home the Heisman later that season

32. Alamo Bowl

It had the makings of a Stanford-Cal ending, minus the band and more importantly, minus the score. But nevertheless, the Wolverines made it very interesting on the last play of the 2005 Alamo Bowl. Michigan's Chad Henne began the last play of the game with a short pass. Eight laterals later and a few skipped Nebraska heartbeats later, the play ended with Tyler Ecker being pushed out of bounds at the Nebraksa 13.

28. Fumble-rooski

A 19-yard touchdown run is pretty commonplace, unless it's done by a 270-pound guard. Corhuskers OL Dean Steinkuhler, who won the Outland and Lombardi awards that season, scored in the Orange Bowl on a play called "fumble-rooski." The QB intentionally fumbles the ball and the guard, Steinkuhler, picks it up and rumbles down field. In this case, the guard scored.

7. Tommie Frazier

Tommie Frazier carried the Cornhuskers to a blowout Fiesta Bowl win, not to mention most of the Florida Gators. On an option keeper, Frazier ran right and was stopped by the Gator defense, but powered through for a 75-yard score.

4. Nebraska kick play

The Cornhuskers came into Columbia as a 29-point favorite against the Mizzou. Trailing by seven in the waning seconds, Nebraska QB Scott Frost threw to the end zone amidst a crowd of Nebraska and Missouri players. Nebraska's Shevin Wiggins kept the ball alive with a desperation kick and then Matt Davison dove for the ball for the touchdown. Nebraska converted the extra point for the tie and won the game in overtime.

Are you talking about John Ruud's hit on Kelly Phelps in the '78 game? The subsequent call by the officials that Phelps was down when he fumbled was one of the most ridiculous calls in College football history.. I was in the South stadium that day. I've never seen Tom Osborne so pissed off...God, what a horrible call.. Holy crap, what an amazing day of football. We were freezing but we were loving every minute of it....

OU had a hell of a team...If not for the six fumbles that they lost, we were probably in trouble...

I was there too and still can't believe what I saw. NEVER have I seen a hit like that.

Anybody got a link to view that?

:bonez

Are you talking about John Ruud's hit on Kelly Phelps in the '78 game? The subsequent call by the officials that Phelps was down when he fumbled was one of the most ridiculous calls in College football history.. I was in the South stadium that day. I've never seen Tom Osborne so pissed off...God, what a horrible call.. Holy crap, what an amazing day of football. We were freezing but we were loving every minute of it....

OU had a hell of a team...If not for the six fumbles that they lost, we were probably in trouble...

I was there too and still can't believe what I saw. NEVER have I seen a hit like that.

Anybody got a link to view that?

:bonez

fINALLY REMEMBERED WHERE i SAW IT...

1:17 Into the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35bZ75QlRX8

It's a highlight vid...at the end, it shows Frazier mowing down GAYTERs at the Fiesta, too

They have a show called most spectacular football plays off all time. They already have showed 30-50 and there was 2 Husker plays already listed. The Crouch run vs. Mizzou was in the mid 40s and the Alamo finish was like 32 or so. Will keep you posted. Its on FSN right now.

Hey..

Next time it's on will you tape it for me? Preferably on DVD.. :hellloooo

Imagine how many copies I could sell on ebay.