Positives from the Game

Purify had a great game, he is developing into a huge weapon. His stats already put him second on the team in receptions. Just wait until he's been around awhile. Jones did great as well and he'll keep getting better. He played so well KU stayed away from him most of the night. We had almost 400 yards in the air. Although we gave up some points we did win the game in OT. Good teams find a way to win. Also we rolled up 120 yards on the ground. That came out to 3.8 yards a carry. Much better than last season. Last year KU held us to 20 yards on 21 carries. We probably won't see another team in the north with a run defense as good as KU's. We will get better as the season goes on.

Purify had a great game, he is developing into a huge weapon. His stats already put him second on the team in receptions. Just wait until he's been around awhile. Jones did great as well and he'll keep getting better. He played so well KU stayed away from him most of the night. We had almost 400 yards in the air. Although we gave up some points we did win the game in OT. Good teams find a way to win. Also we rolled up 120 yards on the ground. That came out to 3.8 yards a carry. Much better than last season. Last year KU held us to 20 yards on 21 carries. We probably won't see another team in the north with a run defense as good as KU's. We will get better as the season goes on.

I agree....Their Run D is pretty darn good!

Well its hard to say there were any besides winning but i have a few things....

We played terribly on O and on D gave up a ton of yards didnt move the ball well on the ground but still managed to put up 39 pts 500 yds and got 4 TO's.

We got a scare from what looks like a fairly good KU team they had good D last yr and it looks as if there O has improved...point being better to get a scare now and get it out of the way they happen to everyone USC barley beat WASU tonight

We now know we have work to do on D and on O...we might have become very content with what he had had we not get exploited tonight....Hit the Film room make some adjustments get a plan ready for ISU

The guys now know take no Big 12 team lightly...we got lucky but sometimes being lucky is better then being good.

A win yes...ugly yes....but still a Win

GO BIG RED!!

I am just happy that we came out with a win. It seemed as if after the first 5 minutes, the intensity from NU just wasn't there. I hope BC talks with them about putting the dagger in and keep moving. I honestly thought it was going to be a HUGE blow-out. The DB's were exposed, but nothing more than they already have been against LaTech and USC in my opinion.

Also, I love to watch Zach throw the ball deep....it seems as if he puts no effort into it and it goes. Especially on the last deep pass to Hardy, he made it look effortless.

Anyways, hopefully Coz will work some magic this week after watching film and we take it to the 'Clones!!

I like the thread!

Um, the positives I liked: A win is definately first thing that comes to mind. Andre Jones & Shanle did make some plays that were huge (batted tip & the INTs), MoPo's 4 catches and getting involved in the offesne, seeing Cody Glenn out there getting some touches, Swift's AMAZING two point conversion catch and the big catch down the sideline, no INT's from Zach throughout an inconsistent night, McKeon played well, and hearing KU's Washington regaining his feeling back in his body. It wasnt a great game, but there are positives.

That 2pt catch was AMAZING

Taylor f'ing whizzed that thing

He threaded the needle.

Do you get the impression Swift didn't fall into the endzone on his own but was rather "forced" because of that pass??? Taylor threw that ball with power! Helluva catch by Swift though!

I dont think NU took Kansas lightly nor do I think the looked past KU. I think they played like crap in the 2nd half. Our Defense was on the field a lot in the 2nd half. The offense was 3 and out for the whole 2nd half. I dont know what the heck was going on there. But, we did come back and win, and a win is a win. Lets get ready for next saturday shall we? :horns2