Nice game Huskers

jayhawk

I showed up last year on this board after a lot of Husker fans thought we (the Jayhawks) were still the little sisters of the poor. You all made some great big plays, and got it done in overtime, this time, so congrat to you all. I would like to point out, that is three strong games in a row from Kansas, and two in Loncoln. I hope someday I stop by and see that people don't get mad for barely beating KU. These boy under Mangino missed the memo they are supposed to suck. Other than a pasting from Texas last year, we have been competitive in pretty much every game we have been in for 3 years now. Should be a great game in Lawrence next year!

You all had a great start and made plays to stay in it. 3 bombs and an 8 yard drive made for interesting offense. Adam Barman played WAY better than he did last week, and that is by far the best offense that has shown up (everyone else just put 8 and 9 in the box, because our freshman QB, Meier, was an interception machine). You all represented, as always, with your fans. If that game was in Lawrence, I think we woulda won. You Husker fans should be proud at the environment you create, it's an awesome thing. I think it sure made a HUGE difference tongiht.

Best of luck the rest of the year. Classy program and the best board to visit.

Thanks for being a decent fan about it. :thumbs It was a closer game than I expected and come next year I will definately remember this game........it humbled me some because I thought for sure we would take it to you guys and the way the first quarter looked I thought it was going to get ugly for KU.....come back and talk football anytime.

I showed up last year on this board after a lot of Husker fans thought we (the Jayhawks) were still the little sisters of the poor. You all made some great big plays, and got it done in overtime, this time, so congrat to you all. I would like to point out, that is three strong games in a row from Kansas, and two in Loncoln. I hope someday I stop by and see that people don't get mad for barely beating KU. These boy under Mangino missed the memo they are supposed to suck. Other than a pasting from Texas last year, we have been competitive in pretty much every game we have been in for 3 years now. Should be a great game in Lawrence next year!

You all had a great start and made plays to stay in it. 3 bombs and an 8 yard drive made for interesting offense. Adam Barman played WAY better than he did last week, and that is by far the best offense that has shown up (everyone else just put 8 and 9 in the box, because our freshman QB, Meier, was an interception machine). You all represented, as always, with your fans. If that game was in Lawrence, I think we woulda won. You Husker fans should be proud at the environment you create, it's an awesome thing. I think it sure made a HUGE difference tongiht.

We came out with great intensity but at a certain point we just let the air out. Kansas played very well and came in better prepared than I though they would. I would have to agree with you that you guys should have won. KU point blank played better. We got lucky and I'm glad we did. Now we have to hit it hard and figure out what we need to do to suceed the rest of the year. This game really brought a lot of issues out and thats just what we needed.

I'm very pround of our fans and our stadium. My ears are damb near deaf. I sat in the south endzone in the 3rd row and we made sure it was loud. I think it really made a diference, at least I'd like to think it did.

Good post. :thumbs

NU vs. KU may be a good ticket to get next year Husker fans.

:restore

Yeah, it looked ugly at first for the Jayhawks, I was wondering if too many people from last year left when we graduated a huge portion of our best players. They got it together and it was a fun game, I was having a good time watching it. I obviously would have had more fun if we had won, but after that start, we showed we had heart and fight. I thought we played a great game after the first 5 minutes, can't say i was thrilled, but KU has nothing to be ashamed of for losing in Lincoln in Overtime.

That's really cool of you to say Jayhawk. You guys have definately arrived. A lot of credit to Manginoman. Good luck to KU as well! :thumbs

excellent post, that game in Lawrence next year is gonna be legit..

We came out with great intensity but at a certain point we just let the air out. Kansas played very well and came in better prepared than I though they would. I would have to agree with you that you guys should have won. KU point blank played better. We got lucky and I'm glad we did. Now we have to hit it hard and figure out what we need to do to suceed the rest of the year. This game really brought a lot of issues out and thats just what we needed.

I'm very pround of our fans and our stadium. My ears are damb near deaf. I sat in the south endzone in the 3rd row and we made sure it was loud. I think it really made a diference, at least I'd like to think it did.

Agreed it is what the team needed. Remember in 2001 we didn't know our weaknesses on defense until it was way too late in the season. Hopefully this season we can practice through our issues, allthough I don't know what we can do about our secondary.

Yeah good game! It looks like those late nights of Mangino game planning paid off!

ManginoFat-1.jpg

Sorry I coudn't resist! :lol: No but seriously, KU played a great game! :wasted

Now, after seing that, I can't sleep. :)

There are some images people do not need to see. I am afraid that is one.