Our secondary

Just a few thoughts on our secondary. After watching them for 5 games now, it is obvious that they are the achilles heal of our defense. Lets face it, Grix has a wealth of heart. Unfortunately he doesnt have the height to match.

Shanle had a couple pics, but seems slow to react. Usually not where the ball is until it is way to late.

Andre Jones shows some consistency at times , but still makes juco mistakes.

T. Green plays decent, but once again he is learning as he gos

Teams are going to attack our secondary with a vengeance .

Which Leeds me to my last question......... Where would we be if Bowman was not injured.

Why is it that Isaiah Fluellen pften gets verlooked?

I am not sure what you are saying?

If you are wondering why he isn't playing

He is getting overlooked because he is out with an injury.....

If you are wondering why people don't consider him an integral (SP?) part of our D

He was a freakin WR until this fall. cmon

Every team we play from here on out is going to try and exploit our secondary............wouldn't you??? It's a bad part of our defense right now that can only get better as the year goes on. Hopefully they will start stepping up more and more as we go on, but you can bet your sweet a$$ that Iowa State is going to pass on us!!! <_<

Mizzou's spread offense could give us fits. I look for them to exploit our weak secondary. Our front 7 must start getting some strong repetitive pressure on the QB. The LB's have to watch for that cutback from the RB. Cornish/KU used that one quite a bit and picked up some key yardage because the LB's would over committ to one side.

Yeah that was giving me visions of the 2001 sCUm game. A team running the same play over and over and we couldn't stop it. :madash The other thing that was so weird was that almost all of the KU drives we would look good on first down, maybe stop them for a loss or something, then on second down they would just burn us. That was really irritating.