PACK THE JACK

Here in Des Moines the ISU AD was interviewed about the success of packing the jack this season with 2, count that TWO, 55,000+ attendances. I was unable to attend but I watched it out in Chicago and on a few plays, mainly the perfectly called fake FG, which came about 3 yards short, the crowd erupted and fooled me because I thought ISU got the first down. What was the "nations" turnout like? and did we Pack the Jack for them?

My hats off to our crowd once again!

:horns2

Here in Des Moines the ISU AD was interviewed about the success of packing the jack this season with 2, count that TWO, 55,000+ attendances. I was unable to attend but I watched it out in Chicago and on a few plays, mainly the perfectly called fake FG, which came about 3 yards short, the crowd erupted and fooled me because I thought ISU got the first down. What was the "nations" turnout like? and did we Pack the Jack for them?

Good question....announcers never really said too much about the Husker fans

I was there and I seen a lot of Husker fans, tailgating and in the stadium. Husker Power was also chanted and it was LOUD for being a road game, I loved it. When we scored on the 28 yard pass play at the end of the first half, there were alot of fans cheering when I looked around. I think we had more than they thought would be there.

On a Ruud tackle our fans cheered "RUUUUUUUDDDD". The TV announcers thought it was a little early for the ISU fans to be booing.

The announcers must have been pulling a Musberger in the booth. They didn't know what they were talking about the whole game. Too bad we couldn't get Keith jackson out of retirement just to do Husker games.

announcers were trash.......they called isu "iowa" a couple times and said it was a big 10 game.......

but something for people who were at the game, did iowa state have a band there???? and if so were they stealing the same type of in drive songs we play???

cuz after we fumbled the ball, i coulda sworn i heard a song from what i thought was the Nebraska band

Good question....announcers never really said too much about the Husker fans

Probably because they could barley speak about the game. God, Fouts was awful. If anyone ever sounded uncomfortable being a play by play guy, he did.

all I can say is I swear I heard the crowd on TV chanting Husker Power before the game started.

I'm not sure what the Iowa State chants are, but it sure sounded like Husker Power was being chanted to me. Could be I was hearing things though.

Well you might have heard that. But they were yelling "Cyclone Power" whatever the hell that is but the Skers fans, myself included were trying to involve the Huskers in that. 2nd Half Huskers fans were dominating though. Other than the fact that everytime ISU got a freakin first down the PA came on and the crowd got excited about first downs too bad they havent learned "touch-down" yet :corndance