how many wins from this point

I would really like to see us win the North division, but I think the season will still be successful even if we don't.

Despite Missouri's loss last week, I think our teams are pretty much evenly matched as far as chances to win that game. I would love to see us win and I think we have a good chance at it, but to me it will still be a successful season even if we don't. Missouri is a very dangerous team.

Texas is a better team than us, there is no doubt in my mind. We've got a chance to beat them, but it's an outside chance in my opinion. The crowd will need to be in the game from the first play and it'll need to stay in the game. If Texas manages to quiet down the stadium our chances are slim to none. I'm hoping to see us play them tough and make it a respectable game, but I don't expect a win.

Even losing to both teams, I think the season will still be highly successful. The team has shown drastic improvement and despite what the ultra-hopeful think, we're still very much in a rebuilding year. To make a complete 180 of a program and return to this level of play in the 3rd season is outstanding.

Beyond that, I think we should win the remainder of our games, and losses to any of the other teams will be a harder blow. But for me, only winning 2/5 games will still make it a successful season, once everything is taken into account. The growth the program has showed is without a doubt the most important factor since this is only our 3rd season under what amounts to a totally alien system.

I would really like to see us win the North division, but I think the season will still be successful even if we don't.

Despite Missouri's loss last week, I think our teams are pretty much evenly matched as far as chances to win that game. I would love to see us win and I think we have a good chance at it, but to me it will still be a successful season even if we don't. Missouri is a very dangerous team.

Texas is a better team than us, there is no doubt in my mind. We've got a chance to beat them, but it's an outside chance in my opinion. The crowd will need to be in the game from the first play and it'll need to stay in the game. If Texas manages to quiet down the stadium our chances are slim to none. I'm hoping to see us play them tough and make it a respectable game, but I don't expect a win.

Even losing to both teams, I think the season will still be highly successful. The team has shown drastic improvement and despite what the ultra-hopeful think, we're still very much in a rebuilding year. To make a complete 180 of a program and return to this level of play in the 3rd season is outstanding.

Beyond that, I think we should win the remainder of our games, and losses to any of the other teams will be a harder blow. But for me, only winning 2/5 games will still make it a successful season, once everything is taken into account. The growth the program has showed is without a doubt the most important factor since this is only our 3rd season under what amounts to a totally alien system.

Precisely. Considering from where we've come, we have to remember that we are still rebuilding. While most of our starters may match up well with those from the truly elite teams, the true is that we are low on depth and there are starting areas that still are not up there.

We've done a great job of improving the offensive line without really bringing in new, immediate contributors. We have stopped the road losses. We're in the driver's seat in the north. We have a balanced offensive attack. We're bringing in significant talent with each class.

Folks, we're doing well when all things are considered. Just a matter of time.

If we win out, which we have a chance to, and some teams lose, we could make it to the nc. Do I think it will happen? No, but don't count anything out of the picture. It all starts with the big game this weekend though!

While I think Nebraska has an outside chance at a BCS game, I think looking at the National Championship as a possibility is purely wishful thinking. Why?

1) You can pencil in either #1 Ohio State or #2/3 Michigan as one of the contenders already. Ohio State play a few woeful opponents prior to the Michigan game and if Michigan can defeat Iowa at home this saturday the same goes for them up until OSU. That said, if both teams stay undefeated then one will be in the NC game.

2) It is unlikely that USC will lose two games this year- to both California and Notre Dame. HOWEVER, if they do, it would likely strengthen either team's resumes for playing in that game. For example, the only game Notre Dame could feasibly lose from this point on would be against USC- and if they do defeat the Trjoans- they will be a 1-loss team with a solid shot for making the game.. come on, it's Notre Dame- what BCS computer wouldn't love them.

3) Whatever team wins the SEC Championship will need to be a special team, probably one that will have one loss. That team, in my opinion, will likely be Florida, Tennessee, or Arkansas. If an SEC comes out with only one loss, I'd find it hard to believe they'd finish behind Nebraska.

4) Either Louisville or West Virginia figure to finish the season undefeated- unless upstart Rutgers can defeat both programs this year. Those teams are currently ranked 5th and 7th, respectedly, in the BCS and passing the undefeated program (whichever one it is) strikes me as unlikely. Is that fair? No, (as a power conference backer I don't like it either) but that's the way it probably is.

The ACC elite won't likely effect this whole situation one way or another in my opinion. Clemson and Georgia Tech are programs that are standing out, but the two programs square off this weekend and beyond that there are enough questionable games that predicting results can go all over the board.

While I think dreaming of a Nebraska National Title appearance this year is something of a pipedream, a BCS game appearance is anything but. The Huskers do not even necessarily have to win this saturday to achieve that. A Big XII title appearance seems likely as UNL is in the driver's seat in North. A showdown in Kansas City could certainly yield a Nebraska victory and BCS appearance.

As far as National Championships go though... I'd start thinking about the '07 season.

I think we can win them all. I say we have tough schedule ahead of us with but we have the advantage of playing Texas, MU, and CU at home. I know CU hasn't looked that great but they are showing an amazing comeback. I say Texas and Texas A&M are going to be the toughest but if are D keeps playing the way they have been and are offense starts putting some points on the board that I know there capable of then we can win the rest of them. I have seen everyteam play this year on TV waiting for the NU games to come on and I know we are stronger then every team in the Big 12 when we are playing to are full potential.

Anything less than 9-3 and a North title would not be a step forward; rather, it would be sideways.

If NU goes 3-2 the rest of the way with one of those wins being over Mizzou, then NU has the north b/c of the tiebreaker.

8-4 would be a wash with last year, AND with all this talent and experience. I really don't see that happening, but it still could.