Mack Brown: NU is back

LINCOLN - Mack Brown on Monday chose to start Texas-Nebraska week with flattery instead of bravado.

"I think you'd have to declare that Nebraska's back" and "I'm glad Nebraska's good again. It's good for the state, and it's good for college football," Mack Brown said.

On the Big 12 teleconference, the Longhorns head coach said: "We all knew it was a matter of time before Nebraska got back on track."

Minutes later, on another conference call with reporters, Brown added: "I think you'd have to declare that Nebraska's back" and "I'm glad Nebraska's good again. It's good for the state, and it's good for college football."

Go stick that on your bulletin board.

OWH

you know, I think mack brown really does respect our program, but don't get too giddy over the comments.

Most good coaches say positive things about the team they are about to play, it is a psychological game to make all the reporters and civilians start hyping up the huskers a little bit. That way if they pee-pound us it makes them look better..... and if we pee pound them it makes them seem like it wasn't so bad to get beat by NU.

again this is my perspective on things, I would prefer he keeps his compliments until after the game i guess.

I have always respected Brown. He goes about his buisness without stepping on toes and he always is respectfully of whoever he is playing. He has not let that national title change his attitude at all. At least that is my opinion.

Don't go patting ole Mack on the back quite yet. Remember his little rant to the media two years ago when it was either his team or Cal in the Rose Bowl? How he cried that UT didn't get the respect it deserved?

I have always respected Brown. He goes about his buisness without stepping on toes and he always is respectfully of whoever he is playing. He has not let that national title change his attitude at all. At least that is my opinion.

Don't go patting ole Mack on the back quite yet. Remember his little rant to the media two years ago when it was either his team or Cal in the Rose Bowl? How he cried that UT didn't get the respect it deserved?

Cal didn't exactly prove him wrong when they got mud-stomped by Tech.

And UT beat the Wolverines. I think Mack's team backed him up on that. That was an awesome game. I think they were gift-wrapped the W at Lawrence that year thouh and shouldn't have been in that position.

And UT beat the Wolverines. I think Mack's team backed him up on that. That was an awesome game. I think they were gift-wrapped the W at Lawrence that year thouh and shouldn't have been in that position.

A good game indeed. It's funny, because that game immediately went down as one of the best games in Texas history. Now, if you mention the Rose Bowl, no one even thinks about that game because of last years USC game.