Huskers at #11

And to his credit, he's kind of jumped on our bandwagon since the SC game.

Unlike some of our own "Fans" who jumped off after that game.

Who might you be referring to?

You know I can't name names then they would know I was talking about them. <_<

Makes it a lot easier just to make sh#t up, doesn't it...

Hello Husker fans,

While I definitely agree that Nebraska is a solid team this year (particularly on the defensive side of the ball; I really like your front seven... hmm.. that reminds me of another team haha) I believe that Nebraska will need to secure a win against a bonafide opponent before I'd consider them fair valued around the Top 10. I recognize that UNL has only lost one game, however the victories thus far are all against inferior opponents.

Now before you all start getting excited, please keep in mind that I'm not saying UNL should not be 'fair-valued' around #10-or-so. However, I do believe that a home victory against Texas or a road victory at Texas A&M would be far more convincing than beating up on teams taking up residence in the dumpster (i.e. Kansas State(4-3.. two of those wins against IAA comp& FAU(practically IAA comp)), Iowa State(3-4.. wins consisting of UNLV, Toledo, and UNI), Troy, Louisiana Tech(1-4), Nichols State(IAA). I would consider Kansas a somewhat reasonable victory, but to date 3-4 KU's most impressive victory resonates somewhere between South Florida and Louisiana-Monroe.

Is this Nebraska's fault that the competitition they have played against thus far is subpar? No- and UNL will have an opportunity to prove it's worthwhile in the weeks to come. I think that Colin Cowherd's #11 ranking might be a little high considering that UNL hasn't really defeated any proven teams this year, but in the weeks to come the Huskers will have every opportunity to make such a statement.