Cally will open' er up and Get'er done

We really have nothing to lose in this game Texas wants to get back in the "Crystal Ball" hunt and has the rep and alot more to lose than us the rest of the country is expecting the RED to lose and that's great mayber Cally will loosen the reigns and Zac and co. can pull off the W. The key matchup is our db's and how aggressive our blitz packages can be without getting killed by the Mccoy-Sweed combo. I expect some Husker mojo on Saturday to be a tough texas team.

taken from a link in the crowd noise thread

***SNIP****

Coach Bill Callahan said, whether its on the ground or in the air, he's trying to put together a game plan that gets the 'W.'

"If I had my way, I'm going to try to find a way to win, whether it's running, throwing -- we're going to do what we need to do to win," Callahan said

I was just thinking that, I wonder if anything special will come out of the Callahan's bag this week.

I am sure he has been setting some plays up all year to run a trick or two. One play that I would look for a trick play out of is the toss sweep. By the nature of the play, it is ripe for misdirection with all the lineman pulling to one side.

I was just thinking that, I wonder if anything special will come out of the Callahan's bag this week.

I am sure he has been setting some plays up all year to run a trick or two. One play that I would look for a trick play out of is the toss sweep. By the nature of the play, it is ripe for misdirection with all the lineman pulling to one side.

Kugler was saying this the other day that every team knows when teh sweep is coming so maybe Erickson will throw the ball sometime. Didn't we run that with Peterson last year?

I loved Cally's play calling this year (with the exception of the 2nd half of the USC game). He has shown the propensity of inserting timely gadget or trick plays in the game plan, and he has been mixing the game plans up so that teams have no idea what's coming. Opposing coaches must hate preparing the Huskers. I don't know what to expect either. First I thought that he will try to take advantage of the Texas injuries to their secondary and come up with a passing game plan. Then I thought that he would try to pound the ball, shorten the game, and take some shots later in the game. Who knows? I'm just excited as heck to see what Cally has in store for UT.

Some of you think that Callahan does this conservative gameplanning in order to keep from getting embarassed. However, it is just a unique gameplan to win the game. Its purpose is to keep the ball away from the opposing team's offense.

I have no clue what kind of gameplan Callahan is going to come up with and I'm not going to guess. All I know is that its exciting seeing what type of gameplan he comes up with each week. I can't wait to see what he has in store for the Longhorns. There is one more thing that I do know... Callahan has MANY tricks up his sleeve.