Wow some great Nebraska fans you are...

Turnovers is an issue that needs to be addressed. To blame the loss on that play is just laughable and probably doesn't even deserve a real response, but there you have it anyway.

Sorry, you're wrong...that play single-handedly resulted in Nebraska losing the game...it's quite simple really...now if you want to be logical about the situation consider this...had Nunn made the catch and gotten the first down...is it possible that we could have fumbled the snap or made some other mistake that resulted in a turnover?...yes, absolutely...but we will never know because that didn't happen...what did happen, Nunn fumbled and THAT was the reason we lost the game...

why is this so hard for everybody to figure out and accept?

Perhaps because it isn't quite correct.

Yes, Nunn fumbled. But there were two other turnovers that resulted in 10 points. Had those not occurred, Nunn's fumble would be irrelevant. The reason we lost the game is because we made mistakes - not a single mistake.

Good words huskerguy. I know I'm one to look down on for my Nunn bashing, but thats just part of the whole process...sure I'll be mad about it for a little bit afterwards...I get over it though, so please don't think bad of me...I am a believer till the day I die, not matter what. I think everyone on this board knows that about me.

Turnovers is an issue that needs to be addressed. To blame the loss on that play is just laughable and probably doesn't even deserve a real response, but there you have it anyway.

Sorry, you're wrong...that play single-handedly resulted in Nebraska losing the game...it's quite simple really...now if you want to be logical about the situation consider this...had Nunn made the catch and gotten the first down...is it possible that we could have fumbled the snap or made some other mistake that resulted in a turnover?...yes, absolutely...but we will never know because that didn't happen...what did happen, Nunn fumbled and THAT was the reason we lost the game...

Yes, Nunn fumbled. But there were two other turnovers that resulted in 10 points. Had those not occurred, Nunn's fumble would be irrelevant. The reason we lost the game is because we made mistakes - not a single mistake.

You're right that there were turnovers that resulted in 10 points...but at the time in the game that Nunn fumbled, that was in the past...we were ahead in the game with 2 1/2 minutes to play, just needed a few yards for a first down and we eat the rest of the gameclock...instead, Nunn fumbles and that play becomes THE reason we lose the game from that point....

Look,

I feel bad for the guy, but he fumbled. Period. HE deserves a lot of the blame.

On the plus side, NU can win out, play Texas again the in the championship game, and win.

:yeah

I believe if anything, this game shows we can play with anybody in the country!

Its easy to blame Nunn since he had the most glaring mistake... make that mistakes. the special teams blunders that put us in horrible field position and ended up costing us momentum. But something tells me, he'll learn from that.

He is to this game what LeKevin was to the TTech game last year: an obvious target because of a glaring mistake made at a crucial point in the game.

but, as i'm trying to remind myself, an entire game/outcome isn't made on a couple plays. TN made huge mistakes but they weren't the only mistakes in the game. Blocking was terrible in the first half, WRs running the wrong routes, Swift dropping an easy pass, the opening KO, missed tackles, Shanle giving UT a fresh set of downs after a late hit.

Mistakes are made in every game. in wins they are more easily forgiven and forgotten- but they are still made.

I'm not going to say "people that bash Nunn are terrible fans", b/c most comments are made in frustration. frustration that will cool down in time, though it will still sting for a while (like LeKevin's TTU blunder last year).

No one can blame ONE SINGLE PLAY for losing or winning a game. Yes we may like to, and it may seem "obvious" but only because it directly led to another event. If our defense wouldn't have stopped Texas right away after our late TD, we wouldn't have even had the ball. Then we would have been blaming them. I guess, just stopped blaming one player/one play. Let's focus on next week.

You're right that there were turnovers that resulted in 10 points...but at the time in the game that Nunn fumbled, that was in the past...we were ahead in the game with 2 1/2 minutes to play, just needed a few yards for a first down and we eat the rest of the gameclock...instead, Nunn fumbles and that play becomes THE reason we lose the game from that point....

You've just changed your argument, though. You first claimed it was "the reason we lost the game" for the loss. Now you're saying it is the reason ""from that point..."

You've just changed your argument, though. You first claimed it was "the reason we lost the game" for the loss. Now you're saying it is the reason ""from that point..."

Oh brother... :bang whatever dude...with 2 1/12 minutes to go, a fumble like that while we have the lead and gives them the chance to win with a field goal...it pretty much becomes THE reason

Oh brother... :bang whatever dude...with 2 1/12 minutes to go, a fumble like that while we have the lead and gives them the chance to win with a field goal...it pretty much becomes THE reason

No - it becomes one of several reasons. It's the most obvious, given when it occurred, but it wasn't the reason - it was one of many.

Who is blaming Nunn for the fumble, Name me a couple of members and I will be ooff the sunshine horse and start riding into the sunset.

I'll blame Nunn for the fumble...who else are you going to blame?...I getting sick or reading all the myopic see the game through rose colored glasses support for Terrence Nunn...he has proven time and time again that he puts the ball on the turf...

How can you NOT blame Nunn for the fumble...it is the responsibility of the offensive player to NOT fumble the ball...and if you want to say "OH IT'S OKAY HE FUMBLED BECAUSE HE GOT HIT HARD THE WRONG WAY" or some other whinny ass excuse like that then you need to go take football 101.

I will stand up for Nunn, without him we are not in a position to win the game. If YOU think that he is the reason we lost the game then you must have taken football 101 and FAILED. Zach was not real accurate on some of his throws, the line in the first half gave up 4 sacks, there were costly penalties, a dropped ball by Swift I believe and others, missed tackles on defense, blown coverages, an interception and fumble by Zach.

But the biggest reason we lost the game is Texas played a better game, they created turnovers and turned those turnovers into points and what about our inaility to run for most of the game, or our inability to rattle a freshman qb in his first game ever out of the state of texas..

For you to BLAME this loss on Nunn is f'ing wrong and short sighted. Grow up and except the fact that the better team walked out the victor.

If you want to tell me I need to go to football 101, or have anything you would like to say BRING IT BABY. I can handle it. I will agree that Nunns fumble and decisions on punt returns were critical, but they alone did not lose us the game.

Good words huskerguy. I know I'm one to look down on for my Nunn bashing, but thats just part of the whole process...sure I'll be mad about it for a little bit afterwards...I get over it though, so please don't think bad of me...I am a believer till the day I die, not matter what. I think everyone on this board knows that about me.

I know that about you. I was really pissed initially too. It is hard to know that we had them one second and that result affected the outcome. But as stated. There were many plays that played it out. It was just hard to swallow right afterwords.

I totaly Agree, When We loose I hear at work How bad Nebraska is And How " much B. C Sucks As a coach"

But then from the same people when we are winning I hear about how great we are and that B.C has the program going int he Right Direction. IMO U are either a Nebraska Fan that sticks by the team Win, or Loose, or your not a Nebraska fan. Like I tell everyone At work, If so many of the Husker fans think they can coach the team Better then B.C And not have Any screw up's and win every single game by 70 points "which is what it seems alot of husker fans espect every game" Then why the heck are they not out there calling the plays bring the recruits in?

Some people will never be happy. I am one of the people that was wanting BC to open it up and quit trying to not lose big in the big games. I myself was impressed with the play calling. I don't quite understand the time managment at the end of the game but my hats off to the entire team and coaches. GREAT GAME bad outcome. We will get them in December.

GBR