Wow some great Nebraska fans you are...

Lay off the blame on Terrence Nunn. First of all he made the catch and was falling towards the ground and the Texas defender came below him and knocked it loose, about any WR would do the same. Second, he's not a paid athlete some of you guys are way to harsh on a college football player. Terrence is a GREAT person, and will beat himself up about it, he doesn't need all this around him from some pissed off Nebraska fans who think we need to win every single game we play. I don't care if you want to say that fumble cost the game because lets face it, it did, but there is no reason some of you guys need to rip this kid apart for it. I think its terrible some of you guys call yourself Nebraska fans and after 1 bad play you rip this kid like that, like questioning how good he is or why he plays and such. If you say that then just shut up that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard without him tonight we would have never been in the game, I can think of atleast 3 plays he had a catch for about 20+ yards and he lead the team in receiving yardage tonight.

Sorry, I just can't believe how bad of fans some of you turn into after a lose.

I agree. It is a shame that you take all of the great plays that he has made for us over the last couple of years for granted and are willing to rip him apart for this fumble. There is nothing he could have done about it and nearly any player would have fumbled in that situation- it was just a great play by the Texas defender.

Agreed. People forget a lot of other things contributed to the loss, not the least of which is Texas being a better team. It was a good call and a perfect hit to knock the ball out. We played great and lost a heartbreaker to a better team. Tons of other stuff contributed to the loss...when people settle down and go back to look at the game again they'll see that.

Lay off the blame on Terrence Nunn. First of all he made the catch and was falling towards the ground and the Texas defender came below him and knocked it loose, about any WR would do the same. Second, he's not a paid athlete some of you guys are way to harsh on a college football player. Terrence is a GREAT person, and will beat himself up about it, he doesn't need all this around him from some pissed off Nebraska fans who think we need to win every single game we play. I don't care if you want to say that fumble cost the game because lets face it, it did, but there is no reason some of you guys need to rip this kid apart for it. I think its terrible some of you guys call yourself Nebraska fans and after 1 bad play you rip this kid like that, like questioning how good he is or why he plays and such. If you say that then just shut up that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard without him tonight we would have never been in the game, I can think of atleast 3 plays he had a catch for about 20+ yards and he lead the team in receiving yardage tonight.

Thank god at least I know now I'm not crazy!!!! I couldn't have said it better myself huskerguy!!!! :thumbs

My own opinion is that people's expectations have been WAY too high lately. It's just backlash from a tough loss and the realization that people have expectations that were a bit unrealistic. Sadly it's going to fall on Nunn as the player who sticks out in people's minds (and makes the highlight reel) until everyone calms down and returns to being rational, classy Nebraska fans.

Yeah I had one of those fans next to me at the game...........he was second guessing everything and complaining about a lot of stuff........it was really starting to piss me off and I was considering throwing him over the side!!!!! I had a better time B.S. with the 3 Texas fans sitting right in front of me......We were analyzing both of our teams and telling one another what they were doing right and wrong. It was great!!! :clap

:yeah The problem with Nebraska fans is that they are spoiled and think they should stomp the hell out of any team that crosses their path!!!! We will get back up to that level, but we have to do it slowely and get the recruits rolling in.....we will get some good recruits after this game because there is no doubt that NU is back on the rise!!!!!!

Who is blaming Nunn for the fumble, Name me a couple of members and I will be ooff the sunshine horse and start riding into the sunset.

Nunn is a big reason why we were in the game. He is a good player and was a victim of a damn good play by the defensive back. Like was said, most receivers would have put it on the ground there. With that said, Nunn makes me nervous sometimes handling the ball, because he has been prone to fumble. He did it last week and B-Jax was lucky enough to fall on it. Work hard, practice, and get over the fumble-itis. Keep your head up T-Nunn, you'll be called on again and you'll need to step up for the team.

Who is blaming Nunn for the fumble, Name me a couple of members and I will be ooff the sunshine horse and start riding into the sunset.

I can name two right now and point you to the thread but I won't.

Nunn is a big reason why we were in the game. He is a good player and was a victim of a damn good play by the defensive back. Like was said, most receivers would have put it on the ground there. With that said, Nunn makes me nervous sometimes handling the ball, because he has been prone to fumble. He did it last week and B-Jax was lucky enough to fall on it. Work hard, practice, and get over the fumble-itis. Keep your head up T-Nunn, you'll be called on again and you'll need to step up for the team.

Agreed!! :cheers

Well said. Also lets not forget, it seemed that at that exact moment the snow just opened up, so the ball was clearly slick -- see the Texas fumble on the following possession. Fact is, that fumble couldve happened to anyone in that situation, run or pass. And I hate to say it, but it also happened to ZT, with a dry ball. Should we directly blame him for the loss?

Keep your head up Terrence, without you theres a good chance we're not even in a position to win that game.

Well said. Also lets not forget, it seemed that at that exact moment the snow just opened up, so the ball was clearly slick -- see the Texas fumble on the following possession. Fact is, that fumble couldve happened to anyone in that situation, run or pass. And I hate to say it, but it also happened to ZT, with a dry ball. Should we directly blame him for the loss?

Keep your head up Terrence, without you theres a good chance we're not even in a position to win that game.

A fumble could happen on any play of the game, but at times, you have to limit the costliness of the t/o's.

Whenever it looks like it'd be easy to tag the blame on one player, I'm reminded of what Coach John Wooden once said to a dejected Lew Alcindor after a rare loss for the UCLA basketball team. Alcindor told his coach that it was his fault that the team had lost, but Wooden said if Alcindor was going to take all the blame for the loss then he'd have to take all the credit for every win as well.