Wow some great Nebraska fans you are...

Nunn is a big reason why we were in the game. He is a good player and was a victim of a damn good play by the defensive back. Like was said, most receivers would have put it on the ground there. With that said, Nunn makes me nervous sometimes handling the ball, because he has been prone to fumble. He did it last week and B-Jax was lucky enough to fall on it. Work hard, practice, and get over the fumble-itis. Keep your head up T-Nunn, you'll be called on again and you'll need to step up for the team.

Well said. Also lets not forget, it seemed that at that exact moment the snow just opened up, so the ball was clearly slick -- see the Texas fumble on the following possession. Fact is, that fumble couldve happened to anyone in that situation, run or pass. And I hate to say it, but it also happened to ZT, with a dry ball. Should we directly blame him for the loss?

Keep your head up Terrence, without you theres a good chance we're not even in a position to win that game.

A fumble could happen on any play of the game, but at times, you have to limit the costliness of the t/o's.

A fumble can occur on a toss sweep or an inside hand-off just as easily. What play did you want called at that point? Taylor to take a knee?

Nunn is a big reason why we were in the game. He is a good player and was a victim of a damn good play by the defensive back. Like was said, most receivers would have put it on the ground there. With that said, Nunn makes me nervous sometimes handling the ball, because he has been prone to fumble. He did it last week and B-Jax was lucky enough to fall on it. Work hard, practice, and get over the fumble-itis. Keep your head up T-Nunn, you'll be called on again and you'll need to step up for the team.

Well said. Also lets not forget, it seemed that at that exact moment the snow just opened up, so the ball was clearly slick -- see the Texas fumble on the following possession. Fact is, that fumble couldve happened to anyone in that situation, run or pass. And I hate to say it, but it also happened to ZT, with a dry ball. Should we directly blame him for the loss?

Keep your head up Terrence, without you theres a good chance we're not even in a position to win that game.

A fumble could happen on any play of the game, but at times, you have to limit the costliness of the t/o's.

A fumble can occur on a toss sweep or an inside hand-off just as easily. What play did you want called at that point? Taylor to take a knee?

:nanalama Quick kick. :nanalama

Who is blaming Nunn for the fumble, Name me a couple of members and I will be ooff the sunshine horse and start riding into the sunset.

I'll blame Nunn for the fumble...who else are you going to blame?...I getting sick or reading all the myopic see the game through rose colored glasses support for Terrence Nunn...he has proven time and time again that he puts the ball on the turf...

How can you NOT blame Nunn for the fumble...it is the responsibility of the offensive player to NOT fumble the ball...and if you want to say "OH IT'S OKAY HE FUMBLED BECAUSE HE GOT HIT HARD THE WRONG WAY" or some other whinny ass excuse like that then you need to go take football 101.

You can't blame one player for losing a team game

That's a fairly inane statement since one player's fumble, interception, failed pass coverage, or missed tackle can certainly be the deciding play in a loss. Just as a completed pass, a touchdown run or a tackle can win or save a game. Besides his final play Nunn also affected the outcome with his inability to field a punt.

As was already stated, a fumble can occur just as easily on a run play. When you run into a pack, you'll have people stand you up and then others try to rip the ball out. On one hand it's easier to get both arms around the ball then, but it's also easier for the other team to make a real effort to strip it.

I didn't see a thing wrong with the play call or Nunn's performance. Texas made a nice play to knock the ball loose and then jump on it right away.

The bottom line is this... If we had run the ball, the chances were good we'd be punting. After they recovered the fumble, Texas showed us they were capable of driving down the field into kick range. I think it's very likely they could have mustered a drive if we had punted. Then everyone would be saying we should have passed to get a first down.

Is throwing it more of a risk? Yep, because it could be intercepted or incomplete and then the clock stops for free. However, that was a high percentage pass play that WORKED until we caught a bad break on a great play from Texas.

You don't win big games without taking some risks. Callahan made the right call and the play was executed perfectly. Then Texas made a big play to show why they are so good at forcing turnovers.

Lay off the blame on Terrence Nunn. First of all he made the catch and was falling towards the ground and the Texas defender came below him and knocked it loose, about any WR would do the same. Second, he's not a paid athlete some of you guys are way to harsh on a college football player.

Err...gee, I thought Nunn was playing football on a scholarship and last time I checked...a college education isn't FREE!! The notion that players don't get paid is such a bunch of crap...if a player is getting his entire college education paid for, he is getting paid.

Now, on to the second point about "he's not a paid athlete"....so what if he was...then it would be okay to rip him for fumbling?....give me a break huskerguy, Nunn made a mistake that cost his team the game, end of story!

Ok.. go ahead and blame Nunn for the fumble.. but here are a few reasons you can't blame Nunn for us losing to Texas:

1. Texas' final drive: we had a chance to stop them, they still made the field goal on the leg of walk-on's first kick.

2. Texas' other scores: where was our kick coverage on the opening kickoff? It was early on and we should have recovered, but it did hurt.

3. Our other turnovers. Each of them were bad, it was just that this one is the 'obvious' one that directly led to the score.

There are more reasons that this, but yeah it was Nunn's fault for not holding onto the football-he didn't really have a chance tho- it was a good play by the Texas defender. Just don't blame the game on him.

You can't blame one player for losing a team game

That's a fairly inane statement since one player's fumble, interception, failed pass coverage, or missed tackle can certainly be the deciding play in a loss. Just as a completed pass, a touchdown run or a tackle can win or save a game. Besides his final play Nunn also affected the outcome with his inability to field a punt.

Not quite that inane. While one player's fumble, interception, failed pass coverage, or missed tackle can certainly be the deciding play, it presumes that the player's team has been error free throughout the game. Put another way, had we not blown blocking assignments, not had other turnovers, not made mental errors on the punt return, not allowed the long opening kick off return, etc., then we would have been leading by enough of a margin that Nunn's fumble wouldn't matter - the lead would have been too large to overcome by Texas at that point.

While there might be cases in which a team plays error-free except for one player's single mistake, I'm hard pressed to think of it. Which means that each error leads to the loss - and you can't blame it on a single player. But for the other errors, that single player's error wouldn't be the deciding factor. When it is, it's due to the fact that the team didn't play error-free up to that point.

Ok.. go ahead and blame Nunn for the fumble.. but here are a few reasons you can't blame Nunn for us losing to Texas:

1. Texas' final drive: we had a chance to stop them, they still made the field goal on the leg of walk-on's first kick.

2. Texas' other scores: where was our kick coverage on the opening kickoff? It was early on and we should have recovered, but it did hurt.

3. Our other turnovers. Each of them were bad, it was just that this one is the 'obvious' one that directly led to the score.

There are more reasons that this, but yeah it was Nunn's fault for not holding onto the football-he didn't really have a chance tho- it was a good play by the Texas defender. Just don't blame the game on him.

I'll go along with you too a point...during the course of a football game, things happen that change the outcome and as you get closer and closer to the end of the game, things that can change the outcome of the game have a much greater impact on the outcome of the game...did the opening kickoff return have an impact on the outcome of the game?...of course it did...did it have as big an impact on the outcome of the game as Nunn's fumble...I think you would agree it definately did not...Nunn fumbling with 2 1/2 minutes to go while we were ahead in the game and could have eaten the clock if he would have held on was the single reason at the end of the game that we did not win the game...so, I blame the loss on Nunn...sorry, just my opinion.

I don't think anyone is questioning that turnovers hurt us and have been a continuing problem. The point is that Nunn didn't do anything wrong and Texas still caused a fumble. The play call was good, the execution was good, and he wasn't stretching with the ball or anything stupid. Sometimes you can do everything right and STILL lose the ball.

Did he fumble? Yeah. Did he do anything wrong to personally cause that fumble? No. Did Texas make a nice hit to dislodge the ball? Yes. Texas is ranked so high in forced turnovers for a reason, folks.

Turnovers is an issue that needs to be addressed. To blame the loss on that play is just laughable and probably doesn't even deserve a real response, but there you have it anyway.

Turnovers is an issue that needs to be addressed. To blame the loss on that play is just laughable and probably doesn't even deserve a real response, but there you have it anyway.

Sorry, you're wrong...that play single-handedly resulted in Nebraska losing the game...it's quite simple really...now if you want to be logical about the situation consider this...had Nunn made the catch and gotten the first down...is it possible that we could have fumbled the snap or made some other mistake that resulted in a turnover?...yes, absolutely...but we will never know because that didn't happen...what did happen, Nunn fumbled and THAT was the reason we lost the game...

why is this so hard for everybody to figure out and accept?